Post Date: 12/21/2017
Close Date: 01/14/2018
Do you have a passion for Oregon, an appreciation of the unpredictable and somewhat maverick nature of this place we call home?
Working for Travel Oregon is much more than a job, it’s a quirky sense of humor and the pursuit of a life less ordinary. It’s also an eternal quest for that next great meal, powdery slope, lighthouse view or salmon run, all while working to strengthen the impact of tourism on the state’s economy by providing visitors with authentic, high quality Oregon vacation experiences. Our team delivers unequaled tourism expertise to the entire state and tells Oregon’s story to the world while ensuring the preservation of Oregon’s way of life and its natural places.
We are currently recruiting for a Grants Coordinator for our office in downtown Salem. This position coordinates activities that support the administration and monitoring of Travel Oregon’s competitive and matching grants programs. Serving as liaison between grantees and program staff, this role creates and monitors reporting schedules, payment schedules, deadlines and requirements to ensure consistent grant processing. Duties include a variety of administrative/program coordination tasks and serving as a liaison with external organizations, agencies, communities, Oregon’s tourism and hospitality industry, and the general public. Read more about our grants programs at http://industry.traveloregon.com/industry-resources/matching-grants-program/.
The successful candidate is self-motivated, detail-oriented, energetic, and highly organized. In addition, here’s what we expect you to bring to the table:
• An Associate’s Degree or higher, preferred; a minimum of three years administrative experience in a fast-paced work environment, ideally supporting a grants, government, accounting or community development team. Experience supporting a grants program and/or basic understanding of grants processes strongly preferred. Tell us why your field or background makes you a match!
• Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• An aptitude to work with numbers and data, with the ability to monitor, recognize inconsistencies, and provide quality control.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with a customer service orientation and the ability to respond to expectations and requirements of both internal and external customers and partners.
• Competence in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Outlook, including familiarity with presentation development using Power Point. Proficiency in the use of project management and collaboration tools such as Basecamp, Google Docs, Dropbox, Microsoft 365 and others. Experience with WizeHive or other grants software, Adobe Acrobat and Salesforce preferred.
• An unfettered love of Oregon, its people and its places.
Travel Oregon offers an attractive benefit plan which includes medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement benefits, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick/personal leaves. Optional benefits include access to life insurance, long- and short-term disability, long-term care insurance, and eligibility for participation in the Oregon Savings Growth Plan.
To view a full job description and apply, please visit TravelOregon.HiringThing.com.
To learn more about Travel Oregon, visit our websites at www.TravelOregon.com and www.Industry.TravelOregon.com.
Complete details: http://traveloregon.hiringthing.com/