Post Date: 12/19/2017
Close Date: 01/20/2018
Clark College is currently accepting applications for a temporary, part-time Instruction and Classroom Support Technician 2 in the Welding Department. This position will work approximately 17 hours per week during the academic quarter but no more than a maximum 1050 hours per year. Work hours vary but will typically be Monday – Thursday 1:00pm to 5:20pm. The start date is January 8, 2018. Salary is $17.95/hour.
Instructional & Classroom Support Technicians perform various instructional and classroom support including academic and vocational instructional programs, and extension of educational activities. Duties typically include assisting in the individual or group instruction of students in development of learning skills; or working with the faculty or instructors in preparing, modifying, and/ or developing instructional programs, teaching aids, materials and equipment associated with shop, or laboratory instruction which requires positions to have technical knowledge of the disciplines(s).
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal. The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, goals, and objectives of the college. All faculty and staff hired at Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually support and enhance diversity and equity on our campus and in our community. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Director of Human Resources, (360) 992-2105.
• Assists supervisor/instructor in the laboratory, field trips, and lecture periods
• Helps with vocational training activities and maintains discipline while the Instructor gives individual attention to the students.
• Prepares materials for the use in the classroom, laboratories or instructional shop; sets up assignments, equipment or demonstration apparatus for classes; communicates with instructor on the status of assigned tasks.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Must demonstrate the GMAW, FCAW, SMAW, and GTAW processes in 1G-4G positions.
• Must be able to operate shop equipment (Shear, Press brake, Track burner, Drill press, and other metal related machinery.
• Must be able follow supervisor’s instructions verbally or by written instructions.
• Must be able to safely lift 50lbs.
• Must be able to pass a background check.
• Must be able to work from blueprints.
• Operate CNC plasma cutter and Press brake.
• Experience operating various types of forklifts safely.
• Understanding of weld defects and testing criteria per. AWS and ASME.
• Be able to identify electrodes by AWS classifications.
• Be able to identify various types of materials.
REQUIRED ONLINE APPLICATION MATERIALS:
• Clark College online application
• Current résumé
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Director for Equity and Diversity, Baird Administrative Building, (360) 992-2355.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on the campus, and crime statistics for the most recent 4-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133.
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College Human Resources
December 19, 2017