Post Date: 02/23/2018
Close Date: 03/15/2018
Position type: Full-time Classified, 40 hours per week, overtime
eligible permanent position
Salary: $2,313-$2,984/month; Range 31
Opens: February 23, 2018
Closes: March 15, 2018
Location: SPSCC Lacey Campus, Lacey WA
South Puget Sound Community College seeks a highly enthusiastic, motivated, and qualified individual for the position of Office Assistant 3 in the Small Business Development Center at the Lacey campus.
The Office Assistant 3 reports to the Director of the Small Business Development Center and performs a variety of professional clerical duties in support of the SBDC. This position supports the Center Director with client data reporting, market research, creation of business plans, financial statements including profit and loss statements, statements of cash flows and balance sheets. The Office Assistant 3 coordinates client scheduling and client correspondence, assists with SBDC training events, conducts client surveys, answers phones, and completes and files internal college forms as required.
The Office Assistant will prepare quarterly financial reports and maintain backup support documents as required by South Puget Sound Community College, Washington State University (WSU), Small Business Development Center (SBDC) and the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA).
Standard business hours are Monday – Friday from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm. The Office Assistant is expected to have the ability to adjust the work schedule to meet the business needs.
The Office Assistant 3 represents the College and the Small Business Development Center in a professional manner, maintains confidences, and projects a positive image to business owners and their employees, students, faculty, co-workers, and members of the community.
The Office Assistant 3 will perform the following responsibilities as described below in a competent and professional manner:
Support the Center Director during business client sessions (75%)
• Enter data into NeoSerra; entry of client counseling session notes into data base in real time
• Conduct real time market research
• Create real time business plans, and financial statements
• Assist with client video counseling or extended counseling
Provide clerical support to Director including, but not limited to (15%):
• Answer office phone lines and client questions
• Conduct client surveys
• Process office correspondence; open, sort and distribute mail daily; send mailings
• Schedule meetings and appointments
• Manage monthly calendar
• Verify accuracy of documents and reports
• Maintain accurate and organized filing systems and ensure filing is up to date
• Perform complex computer tasks such as merging and sorting, data entry, and develop and maintain spreadsheets and database files. Includes composing and editing business correspondence and reports
• Prepare, proof, and edit reports, correspondence, contracts and other documents as requested
• Utilize extensive word-processing and spreadsheets
• Demonstrate commitment to the college’s diversity goals
• Maintain appropriate confidentiality
Coordination of SBDC Training Events (5%)
• Assist with the training planning and preparation
• Develop contact list and disseminates training information
• Reserve space for workshops and events
• Represent the college at community meetings and on campus groups
• Assist with training setup and breakdown
Monitors department Budget (5%)
• Prepare purchase requests for annual blanket and monthly expenditures, maintain P-card expenditure records balancing to monthly invoices and statements
• Maintains budget expenditures records and balances monthly budget reports
• Maintain and inventory office supplies
• Initiate supply orders and purchase orders; create purchase requisitions
• High school graduation or equivalent AND two years of appropriate clerical work experience.
• Must be experienced in QuickBooks and Excel spreadsheets, have fast and accurate keyboard skills, and be able to work quickly in both.
• Demonstrated commitment to high level customer service
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including good listening skills
• Ability to communicate and present oneself in a professional manner
• Ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating situations, solving
problems and making decisions
• Ability to build and maintain relationships with clients, faculty, staff, students, and CB&I colleagues in a professional, courteous manner; maintain good working relationships with other college departments and personnel
• Strong organizational skills, ability to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks, maintain office confidentiality, have the ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and accommodate numerous interruptions while performing multiple tasks
• Strong aptitude for attention to detail and accuracy of information
• Advanced knowledge of computers and software applications, specifically MS Office suite (Word, Outlook, Excel)
• Ability to work effectively with a diverse population of clients, students, faculty, administrators and support staff in accomplishing tasks
• Commitment to a working environment that values diverse cultural, socioeconomic, and educational backgrounds.
• Associate’s Degree in business
Your application and these questions will be used to evaluate your qualifications. You must complete these questions to be considered for the position. Please answer the following questions on a separate sheet of paper. You may type or write your answers but they must be clear and legible.
1. What interests you in this position and how do you think your prior experiences and interests prepare you for it?
2. Please list the Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and QuickBooks experience in which you have an intermediate to advanced skill level. What other software or database applications have you used?
3. Briefly describe an experience you have had in creating or supporting a diverse and inclusive work environment.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates may apply by submitting the following items:
1. Completed SPSCC Employment Application
2. Letter of formal application that specifically addresses your ability to perform the responsibilities and competencies described in this announcement
3. Resume of all educational and professional experience that demonstrates how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications
4. Responses to 3 Supplemental Questions
Send application materials via one of the delivery methods below- email is preferred:
Fax: (360) 596-5706
Human Resource Office
South Puget Sound Community College
2011 Mottman Road SW
Olympia, WA 98512
Applications received by the closing date may be used to fill similar vacancies which may occur over the next year
Complete details: https://spscc.edu/employment