Post Date: 03/01/2018
Close Date: 03/14/2018
The Housing Authority of Clackamas County (HACC) has an immediate opening for an Occupancy Specialist to perform property management duties and manage a caseload of residents in federally subsidized housing located at the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Administrative Offices in Oregon City. We are seeking a conscientious, detail-oriented individual with excellent interpersonal skills.
Clackamas County is committed to building a workforce that reflects the community we serve. In that spirit, we encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds and experience, including those in recovery, or who identify as having lived experience.
Required Minimum Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:
• Experience working with databases, including entering, retrieving and analyzing data
• Experience working with financial information with demonstrated ability to perform math calculations
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage competing priorities well
• Ability to maintain composure in difficult situations with challenging customers
• Ability to work well independently as well as within a team environment
• Effective verbal and written communication skills, including ability to communicate well with members of a diverse population
• Must successfully pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test
• Must successfully pass a criminal history check, which may include national or state fingerprint records check
• Driving may be necessary for County business. Possession of a valid driver’s license or an acceptable alternative method of transportation is required.
Preferred Special Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:
• At least one (1) year experience working with either Section 8 or Public Housing
• At least one (1) year experience working with HAB, YARDI or other Housing Authority database software
• At least one (1) year experience in a regulated work environment
• At least one (1) year experience working with low income families
• Knowledge of basic accounting principles and practices
• Experience maintaining a client caseload
• Bilingual skills (English/Spanish)
SALARY & BENEFITS
Clackamas County offers competitive wages and an attractive benefits package, including a robust Wellness program.
• The salary range is $20.68 - $26.08 hourly
• Bilingual skills are compensated at an additional 5%. Bilingual skills for this position are preferred, NOT required.
• This position is included in the County’s alternate workweek program, working 37.5 hours during a standard workweek of Monday through Thursday (Fridays off).
• Health Plan Options: Most employees are eligible to start most benefits after two months of continuous employment.
THE FLEXIBLE BENEFITS PROGRAM OFFERS:
• A Choice of Dental Plans and Medical Plans with Vision & Prescription Drug Coverage
• A Choice of Full Benefits or Lesser Benefits with Flex Cash
• Wellness and Employee Assistance Programs
• Paid Leave: (Vacation, Holidays, Sick Leave, Bereavement Leave)
• Group Term Life Insurance
• Long-Term Disability Insurance with Optional Salary Buy-Up Program
• Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA)
• Optional Group Universal Life Insurance; Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance; Long Term Care Insurance; Voluntary Benefits through AFLAC, Liberty Mutual and Hyatt Legal
• Retirement: PERS/OPSRP Retirement Contributions Clackamas County contributes to member’s pension share account as well as picks up the 6% contribution to the Individual Account Program (IAP).
• Optional Deferred Compensation (457)
• Longevity Pay
HOW TO APPLY
Clackamas County accepts online applications only. To complete an online application and for more information, please visit http://www.clackamas.us/ and click on the “Jobs” tab
• Please follow the instructions to submit the on-line application. Instructions will include how to copy and paste a current resume. Please make sure to answer all the questions, including the open-ended questions!
• This job posting closes at 11:59PM on Wednesday, March 14, 2018.
• This job posting may be extended to increase the applicant pool
Complete details: http://www.clackamas.us/des/jobs.html