Post Date: 04/20/2017
Close Date: 05/04/2017
The Oregon Health Authority (OHA) is a state agency dedicated to helping people and communities achieve optimum physical, mental and social well-being through partnerships, prevention and access to quality, affordable health care. We are absolutely committed to ongoing innovation in the delivery of services, and to recruiting, developing and retaining dedicated employees.
OHA includes most of the state's health care programs, including Public Health, Health Policy and Analytics, Health Systems Division, and Oregon State Hospital. Incorporating the state's health care programs within one agency gives the state greater purchasing and marketing power to begin tackling the issues of cost, quality, and access to care.
This employment opportunity is with the Office of Information Service – Shared Services, under the Oregon Health Authority (OHA). There is one full-time, permanent position located in Salem (3990 Fairview Industrial Drive SE). This position is classified and represented by a union.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The IT Resource Analyst will assist the IT Director of Business Operations by providing support for OIS-wide activities and initiatives including facilities, position management, contracting, reporting, and system and process improvement. This position has responsibility for identifying, recommending, and implementing operational activities to improve the overall efficiency and effectiveness of OIS. Because this position touches many aspects of OHA and DHS, it is required to develop and maintain ongoing communication links and contact with managers and other staff throughout OHA and DHS.
A Bachelor's Degree in Business or Public Administration, Behavioral or Social Sciences, Finance, Political Science or any degree demonstrating the capacity for the knowledge and skills;
Any combination of experience or education equivalent to three years technical-level experience that typically supports the knowledge and skill requirements listed for the classification.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to evaluate program operations and services.
• Ability to assist agency management by monitoring business operations processes and tracking data.
• Ability to collaborate with staff and managers to implement process changes.
• Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills.
• Ability to coordinate or lead business operations planning activities for initiatives and oversight processes.
• Strong skills in leading meetings/discussions.
• Must be able to conceptualize and complete projects independently and have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
• Ability to read, comprehend, and interpret rules, regulations, policies and procedures, particularly as they relate to OHA, DHS and OIS business operations.