Post Date: 01/16/2018
Close Date: 04/30/2018
Media Services, Lead - 3 openings
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09228
Location: Various Locations
Address: Various Locations
Hours of Work: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
Position Status: Classified; Salary Level 23, Fulltime, Non-exempt
Starting Salary Range: $4,043 - $4,130 per month
Job Close Date: Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received.
The Media Services, Lead is responsible for coordinating district-wide media services function(s) such as audio visual, assistive technology and distance education. Coordinates project planning including defining functional objectives and developing procedures. Responds to work situations with minimum guidance or direction and acts as lead for classified staff.
There are 3 open positions:
(1) Southeast Campus
(1) Cascade Campus
(1) Rock Creek Campus
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options.
Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
Starts at 6.67 hours of Vacation leave per month (additional vacation hours with years of service)
8 hours of Sick Leave per month
24 hours of additional Personal Leave days per year
11 Paid Holidays
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for yourself, domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age. Tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions.
For a complete list of PCC benefits please copy and paste the following link into another browser http://www.pcc.edu/hr/benefits/
1. Directs and coordinates the work of district-wide media services staff including assignment of work and training.
2.Resolves complex problems/issues referred by Media Services Technician II; escalates to management when necessary.
3. Oversees the implementation of district-wide media service function(s) in collaboration with peers, as assigned. Coordinates project planning and organizing including defining functional objectives and developing procedures for implementation.
4. Coordinates classroom technology installations and replacement schedules.
5. Provides information and assistance to faculty, staff and/or students regarding the operation of audio visual, assistive technology, distance education and related software, in a courteous, expedient manner.
The education and/or work history sections of your online application form must demonstrate that you meet all of the following Minimum Qualifications. The information on the resume/cover letter will not substitute for the completed application.
- Satisfactory references and successful completion of the criminal background check are required to meet the minimum qualifications for hire into this position.
In the online application's Education/Employment History sections, include jobs, duties, and dates that display these qualifications.
Associate's degree or two years of college level coursework in computer science discipline, media services or related area. Relevant experience may substitute for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis. Four years' experience working with various types of computer software and hardware, operating audio visual equipment and using automated recording systems. One year of experience in overseeing the work of others that involves training, mentoring and coaching staff.
Must possess knowledge of current computer hardware, operating systems, client/server and network technologies. The above-mentioned qualifications could be demonstrated by possessing one or more of the following certifications:
- Microsoft related
- Extron, Crestron, AMX related certifications
- Polycom or Cisco certifications for videoconferencing
- Completion of PCC multimedia program
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Current computer software packages and the operational aspects of audio visual equipment;
- Digital media, such as EDID-HDCP;
- Technology used in system integration;
- Visual communication and its use in education and understanding of classroom technology; and troubleshooting problems in the classroom;
- Servers and web based software applications;
- Equipment used in video technology and audio as it relates to video (HD);
- Basic networking understanding of IP routing and function;
- Strong familiarity with audio equipment used for live events;
- Adobe Creative Cloud, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier for editing as needed;
- Basic project management best practices;
- Basic project management software.
- Critical thinking;
- Good time management;
- Customer service skills working with a diverse population. This includes the various levels of understanding technology and communicating with different groups receiving assistance (students, faculty, public, etc.);
- Skilled at explaining terms, concepts and technology in plain language;
- Leading teams.
- Coordinate media service projects;
- Meet college expectations regarding customer service;
- Interact effectively with students, the public and college staff members;
- Effectively communicate both in writing and verbally;
- Be collaborative and an active listener;
- Organize and keep records;
- Remain calm under high pressure/difficult situations;
- Resolve referred complaints/issues from Media Services Technician II;
- Build relationships on campuses and district-wide;
- Follow protocols and escalation procedures;
- Work with multiple priorities in a fast-paced and changing environment;
- Install and configure a wide variety of software applications;
- Troubleshoot complex systems;
- Analyze and resolve problems with minimal supervision;
- Learn quickly and apply knowledge to new situations;
- Communicate effectively with diverse groups of people to translate a vision into a finished production;
- Oversee and train others in the operation of audio visual, assistive technology and distance education equipment.
1. Demonstrates cultural competency through lived experience.
2. Demonstrated ability to lead and manage projects independently.
3. Demonstrated ability to work within and lead a team that may include people from other campuses or departments and outside vendors.
4. Demonstrated ability to provide good customer service to a broad customer base including PCC management, faculty, staff, students, outside vendors, and community members.
5. Demonstrated ability to problem solve, prioritize competing demands, and work well under pressure.
6. Demonstrated ability to train faculty and staff in person or through written documentation.
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this position you must submit:
1. Completed online application
2. Cover Letter (attach document)*
3. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- This position is included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Federation of Classified Employees (PCCFCE). Employment in this position will require, as a condition of employment, payment of monthly union dues or a monthly fair share fee in lieu of dues through automatic payroll deduction. Probationary period will be in accordance with Article 13 of the Classified Agreement. Current Classified employees are encouraged to review Article 15 for salary placement guidelines.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1150132
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Complete details: http://apptrkr.com/1150132