Post Date: 03/08/2018
Close Date: 03/26/2018
Central City Concern is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide comprehensive solutions to ending homelessness and achieving self-sufficiency. CCC provides many services, such as addiction treatment, employment, housing, mental health, primary care, and other related culturally specific services, to a diverse population. As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens.
TITLE: Medical Assistant – On Call
DEPARTMENT: Old Town Clinic
SALARY: $16.70-$17.70/Hour DOE
SUMMARY: The Medical Assistant (MA) plays a critical role in patient care at Old Town Clinic (OTC). MAs work to support providers and patients throughout the patient visit and are also integral members of the patient care team. MAs at OTC work closely with patient-centered care teams composed of clerical staff, clinical staff and Panel Managers. As on-call staff at OTC, MAs must be versatile, professional and available to work on short notice.
1. Minimum 1 year recent, verifiable medical assistant experience within a clinic setting.
2. Completion of a Certificate-level Medical Assistant program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Educational programs (CAAHEP)
3. High School or GED required. Certified Medical Assistants preferred.
4. Current CPR certification or must be able to obtain in one month
5. If a recovering chemically dependent person, must be in a program of recovery and able to provide demonstration of sobriety for a minimum of two years.
6. Must have the ability to read labels and distinguish between colors.
7. Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
8. Must be physically able to walk, bend, stoop, be on feet for long periods of time, twist, kneel, reach, squat, pull, lift heavy clients or objects and climb stairs several times a day.
9. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check.
10. Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies.
11. Must possess the ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, political affiliation, cultural backgrounds, lifestyles and sexual orientations and treat all individuals with respect and dignity.
HOW TO APPLY:
To view the full job description and apply visit:
Central City Concern is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran’s status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681.
Complete details: http://www.centralcityconcern.org/jobs/