Post Date: 02/23/2018
Close Date: 05/31/2018
Information Technology Director of Application Services
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09343
Location: Sylvania Campus
Address: 12000 SW 49th Avenue, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
Position Status: Management; Level N; Full-time; Exempt
Starting Salary Range: Minimum $88,473 to range mid-point of $108,379. Placement generally will not exceed the mid-point, based on qualifications, experience and internal equity. (Full Range is $88,473 to $128,283)
Job Close Date: For best consideration apply by March 19, 2018
Portland Community College is looking for an Information Technology Director of Application Services.
PCC's IT Division operates an enterprise application environment, managing multiple priorities, across a large, complex, multi-campus organization.
Reporting to the CIO, the Director of Application Services manages the Enterprise Resource Planning (Banner), Enterprise Applications, and Web Technologies teams and leads the strategic planning and visioning of application technology to best support the college. In close collaboration with a highly motivated IT leadership team, the Director will have the opportunity to lead PCC toward our strong technology vision in support of the equitable success of our widely diverse 75,000+ students.
PCC is looking for a collaborative leader with vision and deep technical acumen. A delivery-focused mindset and the ability to build and support client relationships and develop demands into effective IT solutions are critical to the role. The IT team will look to the Director to stay connected and current on trends in the fields of compliance, security, and accessibility, encouraging innovation and growth, and identifying how new technologies will impact PCC. A commitment to equity and inclusion, as well as staff and team development are essential.
If this sounds like an IT organization and a learning community that you would like to be a part of, please review the minimum qualifications for this position and apply today.
Here is our Intended Recruitment Timeline
- February 19, 2018: Job Announcement Published
- March 19, 2018: Application Deadline for Best Consideration
- Early April: Semi-finalist Interviews
- Late April/Early May: Finalist On-Campus Interviews
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Long-term Disability, Long-term Care, and Auto and Home Insurance programs.
PCC currently fully funds the Oregon Public Employers Retirement System (PERS) pension and contributes an additional 6% into the employee's Individual Account Program under PERS. PCC also provides a 2% contribution to a 403(b) account for eligible management personnel. PCC offers a tax deferred annuity program and a deferred compensation program where employees may save additional pre-tax dollars for retirement.
14.67 hours of Vacation leave per month
1 day of Sick Leave per month
3 additional Personal Leave days per year
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age, as well as tuition reimbursement for full-time employees at other accredited institutions.
Typical Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, organizes, maintains, and manages the processes and operations of multiple Information Technology functional areas.
- Manages the activities of assigned program areas to include: planning, implementing, administering and evaluating projects and services impacting College operations from a technology services perspective.
- Supervises administrative services professionals, paraprofessionals, and technical/support staff and performs both direct and indirect supervision through subordinates. Hires, evaluates, trains, disciplines and recommends dismissal of staff as necessary.
- Develops, recommends, and administers policies, procedures, and processes in support of Technology operations in assigned areas of responsibility; implements and monitors compliance with approved policies, procedures, and processes.
- Tracks and tests new technologies and techniques. Establishes procedures to support research and development activities to determine the suitability of new technology and procedures. Oversees the management of leased and purchased hardware and software.
- Collects and analyzes a variety of complex data and information. Performs statistical analysis and summarizes findings in applicable reports or other communication mediums.
- Manages priorities and coordinates activities between applicable campus site(s) and District information technology services department.
- Participates in long-range technology planning for the District, working cooperatively with College management and others to develop strategic and tactical plans to facilitate and coordinate the delivery of technology services. Evaluates technology, sets standards, and makes appropriate recommendations for purchase and implementation. Provides project management for applicable technology deployments.
- Maintains existing vendor partnerships. Manages the execution of technology-related contracts.
- Manages procurement activities in assigned area of responsibility, working in collaboration with other internal departments. Oversees the development of RFPs and IFBs related to assigned areas of responsibility, including the negotiation of vendor contract Terms and Conditions, Service Level Agreements, and payment structures.
- Manages and participates in the most complex configuration, maintenance, and repair of applicable technologies and associated equipment.
- Develops and administers budgets in assigned areas of responsibility; implements and allocates resources following budget approval; approves expenditures.
- Participates in/on a variety of meetings, committees, task forces, and/or other related groups to communicate information regarding college-wide technology services, programs, areas of opportunity, and/or other pertinent information as appropriate.
- Serves as a liaison with other departments and students within the College in order to provide information on available resources, programs, and/or services.
- Positions in this classification may perform all or some of the responsibilities above and all positions perform other related duties as assigned.
To be considered for this position, your application materials must show how you meet the following requirements:(Note - experience requirements use full-time equivalent.)
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related field. (Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.)
- Eight years (8) of progressively responsible, professional experience related to information technology at a management level (including supervisory experience).
Important Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Managerial principles;
- Budgeting principles;
- Applicable information technology systems in assigned areas of responsibility;
- Technological trends;
- Computer information systems;
- Applicable Federal, State, and local laws, rules, regulations, codes, and/or statutes;
- Strategic planning principles and practices;
- Vendor management principles;
- Procurement principles and practices;
- Project management principles and practices;
- Analytical methods;
- Computers and applicable software applications;
- Customer service principles.
- Supervising and providing leadership to subordinate staff;
- Preparing and reviewing reports;
- Providing customer service;
- Managing projects;
- Making technology decisions based on financial considerations;
- Adapting to rapidly changing environments;
- Interpreting and applying applicable laws, rules, and regulations;
- Developing and implementing strategic plans;
- Developing and monitoring budgets;
- Developing plans and procedures;
- Preparing reports;
- Analyzing problems, identifying alternative solutions, projecting consequences of proposed actions, and making recommendations in support of goals;
- Adapting to rapidly changing environments;
- Analyzing business problems and making recommendations based on findings;
- Communicating technical information to a non-technical audience;
- Diagnosing and resolving complex technology issues;
- Monitoring legal and regulatory changes;
- Coordinating activities with other internal departments and/or external agencies;
- Preparing a variety of reports related to operational activities, including statistical analysis;
- Developing, recommending, implementing, and monitoring policies, procedures, and work flow;
- Working with diverse academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff;
- Utilizing computer technology used for communication, data gathering and reporting;
- Communicating effectively through oral and written mediums.
These qualifications and characteristics are critical to success in this important role at PCC. You will be asked to describe in the Required Questions the experiences, successes and techniques evidencing how you bring these strengths:
Leadership / Vision / Organizational Management
- Demonstrated visionary and collaborative leadership and management skills, including an ability to empower and motivate a diverse staff; create an organizational environment that values and respects differences; and encourage growth, innovation, and operational efficiency.
- Ability to lead and provide strategic direction to a large, complex technology organization in collaboration with a motivated management team.
Technology and Environment
- Demonstrated experience managing an enterprise scale application environment with multiple priorities and stakeholder groups.
- Deep technical acumen and ability to understand and develop complex system architectures. Knowledge of, and ability to stay current on trends in compliance, security, accessibility, and other forces that impact the IT environment.
- Deep experience of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), project management, and enterprise portfolio delivery.
Communication / Interpersonal / Cultural Competency
- Dynamic communication skills (verbal and written). Ability to demonstrate the positive and effective impact of strong interpersonal, intercultural, and communication skills in a highly diverse environment across all levels of the organization.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills and demonstrated ability to develop customer / stakeholder demands into effective IT solutions.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion, with a strong equity lens, to support the development of staff from a broad spectrum of backgrounds, identities, and lived experiences.
Regulatory and Compliance
- Experience with regulatory compliance records (GLBA, FERPA, HIPAA, PCI, etc.).
- Experience with a unionized employment environment.
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this position, please submit:
1. Completed online application
2. Cover Letter (attach document)* Please state how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications.
3. Current Resume (attach document)*
4. Responses to the Required Questions (scroll down to view)
describing how you meet each of the Preferred Qualifications.
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
Applicants selected for further consideration may be asked to complete a supplemental questionnaire.
Notes to Applicant:
- Upon hire candidate will be required to provide official transcripts for all degrees earned.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Responses to Required Questions
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1171600
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Complete details: http://apptrkr.com/1171600