Post Date: 02/27/2018
Close Date: 03/11/2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 11, 2018
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Corporate Security Specialist (R18-137)
Oversee PGE security system, to include; access control, intrusion alarms and video surveillance. Manage and oversee projects, operations and vendors (both internal and external). Maintain or improve operation reliability and regulatory compliance of PGE’s physical security.
Support our journey by:
• Conduct needs assessment and decides whether products or upgrades are needed and viable.
• Plan projects, including determining scope, planning resources and determining next steps.
• Oversee all elements of project.
• Ensure projects are thorough in their design and are on-site reviewed for progress.
• Capture lessons learned.
• Oversee control of the existing PGE security systems to include access control, intrusion alarms and video surveillance systems. Responsibilities include rotating 24/7 response requirement.
Bring the following skills to our team:
• Comprehensive knowledge of the law, law enforcement practices and methodologies as applied to the security related activities.
• Basic knowledge of the utility business and PGE territory.
• Thorough knowledge of industrial security best practices.
• Thorough knowledge of the NERC CIP Standards, with basic knowledge of developing and implementing auditable processes/procedures.
• Working knowledge of applicable policies, rules, and regulations as applied to industrial security.
• Thorough knowledge of technical aspects of physical security access and support systems.
• Working knowledge of PC and productivity software – Outlook, MS Office, MS Project, Visio, etc.
• Working knowledge of project management principles.
Typically, a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, IT, law enforcement or related field plus 7 years of applicable technical and/or security experience (including related CIP compliance regulations), or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R17-137. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral),
Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING