Post Date: 03/07/2018
Close Date: 04/30/2018
Senior Advisor – Indian Education
Do you believe the work you do should enrich the lives of others and improve the world in which we live? Would you like to work in a dynamic environment that values unique perspectives and colleagues who are passionate about learning? If so, we have a place for you at Education Northwest.
Education Northwest is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to helping all children and youth reach their full potential. We partner with public, private, and community-based organizations to address educational inequities and improve student success. While most of our work centers on the Pacific Northwest, our evaluations, technical assistance, and research studies have national impact and provide timely and actionable results.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
• Assist with planning and delivery of professional development and other support within Indian Education and other content areas
• Work with state education agency staff to plan and implement capacity-building initiatives
• Collaborate with other team members to provide improvement support for school and district clients
• Work with others to develop new products and services for various contracts within the field of Indian Education
• Prepare and make presentations to clients, colleagues, and/or other educators regionally or nationally
• Develop reports and other forms of documentation for project activities
• Assist in developing new sources of funding and support for school improvement activities
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Ideal Candidates will possess
• Master’s degree in education or related field
• Five years’ experience leading or supporting school improvement efforts
• Strong knowledge of and experience in Indian Education
• Knowledge and skill related to alignment of instruction and assessment with educational standards
• Knowledge of school reform principles and the organizational, curricular, and instructional aspects of high schools and middle schools
• Knowledge of and skills in effective professional development and capacity-building technical assistance
• Strong oral communication skills and strong writing skills
• Proven ability to collaborate effectively with educators across different levels of the educational system and with colleagues
• Demonstrated experience using data and evidence to drive improvement decisions and actions
• Demonstrated experience teaching, preferably at secondary level; or experience as a school or district-level administrator
• Experience with evaluation and/or educational research
• Experience working in a professional services (billable hour) environment preferred
• Experience and/or enthusiasm in working in culturally diverse environments with a commitment to equity
Travel and Other Key Requirements:
• Office environment, based in Portland, Oregon
• Availability to travel with a high level of flexibility (averaging 20-30 percent of work days), including occasional weekends
Interested in being a part of this amazing and diverse team of dedicated individuals? Please submit your resume and cover letter at https://educationnorthwest.recruiterbox.com/.
Please include the Position Number (18.02) and salary requirements in your cover letter.
Position will remain open until filled.
Find out more about Education Northwest by connecting with us on Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/educationnorthwest and/or following us on Twitter, https://twitter.com/#!/educationnw
Education Northwest is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Complete details: https://educationnorthwest.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0fgkc/