Post Date: 03/07/2018
Close Date: 03/18/2018
Central City Concern is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide comprehensive solutions to ending homelessness and achieving self-sufficiency. CCC provides many services, such as addiction treatment, employment, housing, mental health, primary care, and other related culturally specific services, to a diverse population. As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens.
TITLE: Female Cook II
DEPARTMENT: Letty Owings Center
REPORTS TO: Facilities Services Coordinator
HOURS: Thursday, 11:00am-3:00pm
Friday & Saturday, 9:30am-6:00pm
WAGE: $15.89/Per hour
SUMMARY: The Letty Owings Center (LOC) is a Residential Alcohol and Drug Treatment program for pregnant women or parenting women with children from newborn to five years of age. The Cook II position is a key component to the daily functioning of the LOC programs food service system. The position requires a person with a high degree of motivation and organizational skills as well as sound understanding of adult and child nutritional needs.
1. Must have high school diploma or GED equivalent.
2. Must have at least 6 months prior institutional cooking experience.
3. Possess a current Oregon Food handlers permit, or be able to obtain within 2 weeks of hire.
4. Must possess a current drivers license, pass a DMV background check and be designated an "acceptable" driver as outlined in Central City Concern's Fleet Safety Policy. Must pass an initial drivers training and annual recertification training.
5. Must pass pre-employment drug screen, TB Test, and background check. 6. The OAR prohibits A&D program staff from having within the previous 3 years a DUI conviction or diversion, a felony conviction, or a conviction under the Uniform Controlled Substances Act.
7. Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach, pull and lift heavy objects and climb stairs.
8. Sufficient manual dexterity and physical ability to perform duties.
9. If in recovery, must be able to document continuous abstinence under independent living conditions or recovery housing for the immediate past two years.
10. Must adhere to agency nondiscrimination policies.
11. Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, political affiliations, cultural backgrounds, lifestyles, and sexual orientations and treat each individual with respect and dignity.
HOW TO APPLY:
To view the full job description and apply visit:
Central City Concern is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran's status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681.
Complete details: http://www.centralcityconcern.org/jobs/