Post Date: 02/07/2018
Close Date: 03/07/2018
Full Time, Full Benefits
Job Code: EA-158
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
The Education Assistant monitors and provides successful transition of youth educational records from a program serving unaccompanied children. Position works in the classroom to monitor behavioral management and assist with educational programming
Education and Work Experience:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
• High school diploma required.
• Bi-lingual in Spanish, written, read and verbal required
• One year experience working with youth with preference given to work in a classroom or educational setting.
• Experience with record keeping systems preferred
• Must be 21 years of age
• Position may require driving an agency vehicle, a valid driver’s license for state of residency is required. If driving a personal vehicle, personal auto liability insurance of $100,000/$100,000, and a driving record permitting coverage under corporate auto liability policy. Transporting clients may be required.
• Blood borne Pathogens training is required on the first day of employment.
• Must pass a criminal history check.
• CPR/SFA obtained within 30 days of employment and kept current.
• Complete required program trainings within 6 months of employment and update as required.
• TB testing required.
• Language testing if applicable.
• May work at multiple ORR Programs
Bilingual pay range: $16.65-17.03
• Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and reference job code “EA-158” in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter. Indicate that you’re applying for the Education Assistant position.
• Alternative: Fax your cover letter/resume to Morrison Child and Family Services following the directions above to 503-736-9759.
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: http://www.morrisonkids.org/job/40498/