Post Date: 12/13/2017
Close Date: 01/12/2018
Full Time, Full Benefits
Job Code: MS-159
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
This position oversees the daily management of the milieu and community settings, where applicable. The Milieu Supervisor provides leadership and training of milieu staff, and support and supervision of clients in our residential youth programs.
Education and Work Experience:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
• At least 21 years of age
• High School Diploma
• One year experience working with youth.
• One year experience supervising employees, or one year experience in a leadership role in a residential setting.
• Basic computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, databases and Outlook
• Basic knowledge of office equipment
• Bi-lingual in Spanish and English, written, read and verbal strongly preferred
• ORR experience
• Residential experience
• Knowledge of Federal, State and agency regulations.
• Knowledge of adolescent developmental issues, trauma, abuse and neglect, substance abuse and dependence, delinquency, peer influence, and related group and individual interventions.
• Pass a DHS criminal history background
• Meet agency driving requirements: a valid driver’s license for OR or WA, personal auto liability insurance ($100,000/$100,000 required) and a driving record permitting coverage under corporate auto liability policy.
• TB test within 30 days of employment
• Bloodborne pathogen training first day of employment.
• Travel between program locations
• CPR/First Aid certification within 30 days of hire and kept current
• All other applicable trainings as required with necessary updates and reoccurrences
• Language testing, if applicable
Pay range: $18.87-$19.30
Bilingual pay range: $19.82-20.29
• Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job code “MS-159” in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter. Indicate that you’re applying for the Milieu Supervisor position.
• Alternative: Fax your cover letter/resume to Morrison Child and Family Services following the directions above to 503-736-9759.
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: http://www.morrisonkids.org/job/milieu-supervisor-group-home/