Post Date: 02/13/2018
Close Date: 05/31/2018
Computing Technology Specialist - Rock Creek Campus
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09337
Location: Rock Creek Campus
Address: 17705 NW Springville Road, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: Other
Position Status: Classified; Level 22; Full-time; Non-exempt
Starting Salary Range: $3,834 to $3,916 per month
Job Close Date: Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received.
PCC is hiring a Computing Technology Specialist who will be responsible for providing end-user technology support in a complex network environment on the Rock Creek Campus. Understanding personal computer technology, along with the technology tools used at a college, and how people interact with the technology is essential in this position. Excellent communication and collaboration skills are required for work with customers, members of all departments on campus, and other information technology teams.
The hours are:
Monday - Friday from 11:00Am - 8:00PM, with a one hour lunch.
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options.
Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
Starts at 6.67 hours of Vacation leave per month (additional vacation hours with years of service)
8 hours of Sick Leave per month
24 hours of additional Personal Leave days per year
11 Paid Holidays
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for yourself, domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age. Tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions.
For a complete list of PCC benefits please copy and paste the following link into another browser http://www.pcc.edu/hr/benefits/
- Installs, configures, maintains and supports a diverse set of work station operating systems, client/server and local applications on computers, laptops and hand-held devices, printers and associated peripherals. Creates and implements wide range of tools in cooperation with technical support team.
- Analyzes and resolves hardware, software and network issues, repairs user workstations, modifies configurations, replaces faulty components and rebuilds complete systems on a variety of platforms. Uses complex software tools for managing large groups of computers.
- Documents and updates work progress and problem resolution in technical support database. Follows complex written instructions. May create technical documentation and procedures for team use.
- Provides on-call technical support to customers in a professional manner and maintains goodwill, cooperation and productive relationships.
- Works closely with network and server administration teams to create and support district-wide computer configurations and to troubleshoot service interruptions.
- Responsible for installing, maintaining and troubleshooting specialized departmental software.
- Maintains up-to-date computer skills and stays current with developments in computer related technologies. Attends training events as required. Researches and discovers technical solutions.
- May attend and participate in district-wide, campus and departmental meetings and committees to discuss computer-related issues.
Positions in this classification may perform all or some of the responsibilities above and all positions perform other related duties as assigned.
The education and/or work history sections of your online application form must demonstrate that you meet all of the following Minimum Qualifications. The information on the resume/cover letter will not substitute for the completed application.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Associate's degree or two years of college-level coursework or training in a computer-related discipline (relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year for year basis).
Two years of applied work experience with computing systems is also required.
Must possess knowledge of current personal computer hardware, operating systems, client/server and network technologies, including printers and peripheral devices such as scanners, PDAs and special needs equipment. Ability to install and configure a wide variety of software applications. The above-mentioned qualifications could be demonstrated by possessing one or more of the following certifications:
Ability to: Effectively and clearly communicate verbally and in writing; read, understand and follow complicated technical documentation, procedures and instructions; multi-task and effectively use time management skills; use critical thinking skills to analyze, troubleshoot, diagnose and repair computer, problems in a complex networked environment; plan, organize, document complex technical and configure systems for consistency with institutional policies and procedures; effectively prioritizes work requests and work occasional long hours; collaborate and work effectively in a team environment; provide effective and responsive service to departmental customers; provide own transportation to various sites throughout the district.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
Work pressure and interruptions occur on an ongoing basis due to competing priorities and deadlines. Must be able to interact professionally with distraught or reactive individuals. Exposure to constantly changing physical and ergonomic environments. Ability to lift and work on equipment that may be located in tight and poorly lighted spaces, such as under desks, in closets, or other confined areas. Lifting and moving of computer components and peripherals weighing up to 40 pounds is sometimes required. Requires occasional periods of sustained effort and crawling under desks and confined spaces to install/uninstall and/or move equipment across campus.
- Experience supporting PCs and Macs in an academic environment, providing assistance to students, staff, and faculty with their computing needs, and working on technology projects on the campus.
- Some familiarity with PC/Mac management tools such as McAfee security suite, Symantec Ghost, MS Active Directory, Dell Kace systems management, Faronics Deep Freeze and similar tools.
Additional Posting Information:
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this position you must submit:
1. Completed responses to the (3) Required Questions from the Committee - scroll down to see "Required Questions" below - (Attach document)*
2. Completed online application
3. Cover Letter (attach document)*
4. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment
- This position is included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Federation of Classified Employees (PCCFCE). Employment in this position will require, as a condition of employment, payment of monthly union dues or a monthly fair share fee in lieu of dues through automatic payroll deduction. Probationary period will be in accordance with Article 13 of the Classified Agreement. Current Classified employees are encouraged to review Article 15 for salary placement guidelines.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Responses to Required Questions
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1167838
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Complete details: http://apptrkr.com/1167838