Post Date: 12/29/2017
Close Date: 01/11/2018
Deadline to apply: January 11, 2018 @ 5:00 PM, PST
Salary: $53,540.00 – $77,633.00 annually
At Portland'5 Centers for the Arts our mission is to make a difference through the arts by building and engaging community and making arts accessible, where everyone feels connected in a welcoming safe space.
We are hiring a Supervisor of Security Services who will oversee the positions of Security Agent and Stage Door Attendant, enhance security at our theatres and ensure a welcoming safe space. If you have experience in the field of security and have been a supervisor we invite you to review our job posting and apply for this position.
Portland'5 Centers for the Arts, located in downtown Portland, is a leader in expert venue management, overseeing the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall, Keller Auditorium and Antoinette Hatfield Hall, which includes the Brunish Theatre, the Newmark Theatre and the Dolores Winningstad Theatre.
Home to arts organizations such as Oregon Ballet Theatre, the Oregon Symphony and the Portland Opera, it's among the largest performing arts centers in the US with approximately 1000 performances and 900,000 attendees annually and generates an average of $60 million in regional spending and more than 700 jobs each year. The five theatres at Portland'5 have showcased countless events over the years including Broadway shows, concerts, comedy shows, plays, children's theatre, lectures, dance and much more. We are purposeful in presenting our diverse community with meaningful performing arts performances and spaces that are welcoming and accessible to everyone.
At Portland'5 Centers for the Arts, we hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
• Two years' related work experience in private security services, military or civilian law enforcement fields
• Two years supervisory experience within five years of application
• High school or equivalent level of education
• Any combination of education and experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job duties and responsibilities
• Current driver's license and driving record sufficient to be insured by Metro insurance carrier
• Possession of a (CPR), First Aid and AED certification at time of hire.
• Possession of a current Oregon DPSST Unarmed Security Certificate at time of hire
• Possession of DPSST Security Supervisory License
• Successfully pass the Facility Security Agent Physical Capacity Test
Preferred Education/Licensing and Work Experience:
• 45 College Education Quarter Credits or 30 Semester Credits
• Supervisory experience in a union environment
• Supervisory and security experience in a similar event-driven environment
To apply: visit www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs for the complete job announcement and a link to our online hiring center.
1) Electronic application, 2) answer to supplemental questions, 3) resume and 4) cover letter describing your qualifications as they relate to the duties of this position.
Metro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Complete details: www.OregonMetro.gov/jobs