Post Date: 01/10/2018
Close Date: 04/30/2018
Emergency Management/Preparedness Manager
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09240
Location: Sylvania Campus
Address: 12000 SW 49th Avenue, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: Varies
Position Status: Management; Level K; Full-time; Exempt
Starting Salary Range: Salary Range: $66,472 to $96,383 per year. Starting Salary generally will not exceed the mid-point of the range, based qualifications, experience, and internal equity.
Job Close Date: For best consideration, apply by February 8, 2018
Portland Community College is accepting applications for the Emergency Management / Preparedness Manager position. This newly established district-level position is critical to ensuring that PCC's large and complex organization is prepared to respond effectively and collaboratively in an emergency. In conjunction with campus and leadership teams, you will assess the district, develop and maintain PCC's crisis management plans, Emergency Operations Centers (EOC), and internal incident communication plan.
An important and challenging area of focus is to provide the training and oversight to ensure that all parties understand their responsibilities, and maintain the appropriate tools and knowledge, to respond in an emergency. The size, organizational complexity, and people movement at PCC present an on-going challenge in our preparedness.
In this role, it will be critical for you to quickly build strong relationships, communication, and consensus within PCC, as well as with city, county and state agencies, and PCC's local communities.
PCC serves nearly 80,000 full-time and part-time students, from all walks of life in the Portland area. We are committed to a culture which values human diversity and cultural competency for our students, our employees, and our partners. It is critical that the Emergency Management/Preparedness Manager bring a strong focus on intercultural competence, equity and inclusion to the role, in addition to technical ICS expertise and experience leading the assessment and analysis of organizational emergency preparedness.
If this sounds like a learning community that you would like to be a part of, please review the required qualifications and apply today!
To apply for this position please submit:
1. Completed online application
2. Cover Letter (attach document)* Please state how you meet the minimum.
3. Current Resume (attach document)*
4. Responses to the Required Questions indicating how you meet the preferred qualifications for this position - scroll down to review (attach document)*
Key Responsibilities / Job Duties
- Develops, coordinates, and maintains PCC crisis management plans, policies and procedures and emergency operations. Prepares for, responding to and continuing operations during and into the recovery phase from natural or other types of disasters, and improving the ability to mitigate against, prepare for, respond to, and continue operations during and into the recovery phase from natural or other types of disasters.
- Plans, implements and coordinates the development of the Emergency Operations Centers (EOC) and internal incident communication plan.
- Maintains and builds strong relationships and partnerships with city, county, and state public and private agencies responsible for emergency planning and response.
- Assists in maintaining essential academic and business services and operations during emergency situations and restoring operations as timely as possible.
- Develops and reviews policies, programs, and procedures for any new legal requirements. Keeps abreast of changes to new laws and regulations. Reviews, assesses, and analyzes emergency situations to recommend appropriate actions.
- Develops and maintains current knowledge of campus operations in order to coordinate cross campus response in the event of an emergency, and be able to access and coordinate appropriate resources for emergency situations.
- Develops, implements, and coordinates college-wide emergency training, to include understanding of Incident Command Systems (ICS) / National Incident Management Systems (NIMS). Prepares and delivers appropriate training to leadership teams in the use of ICS. Assures that the college ICS system can be integrated into a Unified Command with external agencies.
- Works with all areas of the college to facilitate and maintain a college-wide business continuity plan in the event of a disaster or other event that significantly impacts the operations of the college.
- Leads and conducts ongoing evaluations of college preparedness, including initial and periodic assessments of natural, human and technological hazards and threats. Evaluates and communicates the probability of risk, health and safety of responders, continuity of operations and impacts to facilities, infrastructure and mission of the college.
- Coordinates the design and development of emergency preparedness/operations plans and programs. Conducts periodic emergency management exercises that may incorporate regional partners for Unified Command scenarios. Evaluates the effectiveness and efficiency of exercises and responses.
- Serves as liaison to local, state, and federal emergency response groups in order to communicate with college, city, state, and federal agencies in the event of an emergency. Coordinates with college departments.
- Ensures the readiness of the college's Emergency Operations Centers (EOC) to include analysis and inventory of the necessary operational equipment; Directs the participants of the EOC management team.
- Researches and assists in implementation of multi-dimensional communications (e.g. redundancy to ensure multiple modes of communications) and enhances education, awareness, and understanding of what to do before, during and after crisis and disaster events to the college community.
- Evaluates and identifies response resources including college, community and regional affiliated groups. Develops agreements with such entities to facilitate acquisition of emergency relief materials. Designs management systems and trains all staff on proper procedures, protocol and capabilities.
- Prepares and coordinates preparation of reports, after actions, and applications to State and Federal agencies, in conjunction with Risk Management, for any applicable reimbursement and financial assistance needed to recover from disasters.
To be considered for this position, your application materials must show how you meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Emergency Management, Preparedness/Planning, Public Administration, Business, Fire Science, Criminal Justice, Environmental Science, Health & Safety, or related field
- Four (4) years experience working emergency preparedness programs addressing all hazards and emergencies; including
- Two (2) years leading emergency preparedness programs
Please be prepared to attach a document that describes how you meet the following Preferred Qualifications:
1. Demonstrated success leading the assessment and analysis of organizational emergency preparedness, and development of an integrated plan to address gaps
2. Demonstrated success building / maintaining relationships, and working collaboratively toward a consensus with a wide diversity of people, levels and organizations
3. Experience developing and implementing training plans in a large, complex organization; including identification of training needs to ensure success for each role
4. Able to show positive impact of strong communication (written and verbal), intercultural and interpersonal skills; especially to facilitate, influence and build consensus
5. Demonstrated success in emergency management in large, complex organization
6. Demonstrated technical ISC expertise/knowledge (for example, as demonstrated by completion of ICS300)
Additional Posting Information:
Notes to Applicant:
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
- Applicants selected for further consideration may be asked to complete a supplemental questionnaire.
- Upon hire candidate will be required to provide official transcripts for all degrees earned.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Responses to Required Questions
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1148756
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Complete details: http://apptrkr.com/1148756