Post Date: 02/26/2018
Close Date: 03/12/2018
The Oregon Health Authority is modernizing and expanding their health analytics function and currently has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Research Analyst to join an excellent team and work to advance their Office of Health Analytics.
The Oregon Health Authority promotes health equity by developing policies and programs to eliminate health disparities and reach health equity for all Oregonians.
What you will do!
As a Lead Research Analyst, you will work within the Health Program Analysis and Measurement Unit. You will need to demonstrate strong analytical and interpersonal skills as well as poise and professionalism to work directly with stakeholders, present information, and defend findings and recommendations.
In this role, you will analyze Medicaid and non-Medicaid substance use disorder treatment services in support of the Oregon Health Plan waiver, behavioral health policy initiatives and program operations. You will be responsible for providing accurate analysis of CCO performance and incentive metrics to determine the needs for regular ongoing information, data and analysis relating to behavioral health care services in Oregon. You will recommend appropriate data and information for the management of performance and quality in community treatment programs and collaboratively define and design interactive SharePoint reports for OHA policy and operations analysis.
Additionally, you will work closely with research and program staff in the Health Policy and Analytics Division and other diversions within OHA, such as the Health Systems and Public Health. You will also maintain communication with the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) and report data as required by SAMHSA.
What's in it for you?
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are an experienced Research Analyst, don't delay, apply today!
A Bachelor's Degree in any disciplines that included six-quarter units in statistics or quantitative analysis methods and procedures, and three years of experience using computerized applications to independently gather, compile, and analyze data and prepare narrative or statistical reports. Two of the three years must have included coordinating complex research projects.
Five years of research experience using computerized applications to independently gather, compile, and analyze data and prepare narrative or statistical reports. Two of the five years must have included coordinating complex research projects.
• Experience in health outcomes research, and/or health care delivery systems research.
• Experience using healthcare expenditure, utilization and/or quality assurance data.
• Strong working knowledge of Medicaid programs, addictions and mental health treatment services, and/or medical billing and coding terminology.
• Experience in using trends such as social, economic, or industrial to do analytical research.
• Experience with statistical software packages preferably SAS, and programming languages preferably SQL.
• Advance proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Access.
• Experience or training in one or more of the following:
o Power Query
• Experience or familiarity with healthcare data collection and analysis.
• Quantitative and qualitative problem solving skills.
• Experience producing reports, executive summaries, fact sheets and data presentations.
• Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.