Post Date: 01/02/2018
Close Date: 02/01/2018
Job Title: Volunteer On Boarding Specialist
Location: Portland Service Center
Reports To: Business Process Analyst
Girl Scouts of Oregon and Southwest Washington serves more than 25,000 girl and adult members in Oregon and Clark and Skamania Counties in Washington. Our mission is to build girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place. Through activities in science and technology, business and economic literacy, and outdoor and environmental awareness, Girl Scouting provides girls with opportunities for fun and friendship while fostering the development of leadership skills and self-esteem.
Check out our benefits at www.girlscoutsosw.org/careers
Girl Scouts has valued and supported all girls since our inception in 1912. The foundation of diversity that Juliette Gordon Low established runs throughout Girl Scouting to this day. Our mission extends to all girls, and through our program they develop the necessary leadership skills to advance diversity and promote inclusion. We wish for all girls to see themselves reflected in the organization they are a part of, and seek to model the values of diversity and inclusion we hope to instill in them. In order to achieve these goals, we are committed to creating and fostering racial and ethnic diversity at every level of the organization.
The Volunteer On-Boarding Specialist assists adults as they enter into a volunteer role with Girl Scouts of Oregon and Southwest Washington. They ensure that the necessary criteria are met, support potential volunteers through required training and provide an introduction for new troop leaders to other volunteers in their area. They provide ongoing communication with girls and their families who choose to participate with Girl Scouts individually. They support their team by cross-training on other job duties and provide backup as needed.
Major Accountabilities/Job Duties:
• Monitor the records of new troop leaders to verify they have met all criteria for volunteering in a troop leader role.
• Communicate by phone and email with new troop leaders to remind them about next steps in the process.
• Provide technical support to new leaders who have issues with online trainings.
• Introduce new leaders to local volunteer team once all criteria are met.
Individually Registered Members
• Provide ongoing communication and support to girls who participate as individual members rather than part of a troop.
• Works cross-departmentally to ensure individual members receive notification of upcoming opportunities.
• Cross-train with others in the department regularly to allow for backup support as needed.
• Assist with reporting and data cleanup as needed.
• Works both independently and as a contributing member of a team, and is able to work with diverse groups of people to accomplish goals
• Looks for opportunities for continued professional growth.
• Regularly attends relevant trainings, webinars and chatter groups to increase knowledge and awareness of current processes and potential issues.
• Four years minimum combination of work and/or educational experience. Minimum of two years professional experience in customer service, technical support or a related field.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Salesforce or other CRM experience desirable.
• A valid driver’s license in good standing and an acceptable driving record required.
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Excel.
• Become a member for Girl Scouts of the USA
• Willingness to accept the principles of the Girl Scouts movement as expressed in the Girl Scouts Promise and Law
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position offering an hourly rate of $16.49. This position is open until February 1st. 2018.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT e-mail your resume to us as we only accept applications and resumes through our website. Please use the link below to apply:
Girl Scouts of Oregon and Southwest Washington is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage, value and honor diversity.
Complete details: https://girlscoutsosw.applicantpool.com/jobs/199579-38809.html