Post Date: 02/28/2018
Close Date: 03/16/2018
Deadline to apply: March 16, 2018 @ 5:00 pm, PDT
Salary: $21.72 hourly
Are you passionate about education? Do you enjoy working with volunteers? The Oregon Zoo is seeking a candidate to serve its education program in the role of ZooAmbassador Education Specialist.
The work environment provided by this position is flexible due to current construction projects. Going beyond the physical, the work environment is ideal for a problem solver, who works well in a collaborative or independent context.
This position receives direction from the Volunteer-Intern Supervisor and is engaged in all aspects of the program including training, assessment, managing volunteer information and scheduling.
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who is passionate about education, thrives in dynamic environments, enjoys educating people and assessing program success, and who excels in collaborating and interacting with employees (including the ZooAmbassador Coordinator), volunteers and guests. This candidate also has experience working with multi-lingual communities and communities of color.
ZooAmbassador program staff and volunteers support the ZooQuest game which encourages guests to take conservation actions to help wild animals and wild places. They will be volunteering at various ZooQuest stations around the zoo that each focus on an action families can take, particularly in the area of wasted food.
One part-time seasonal position is available:
• Approximately from May 1 through September 9
• The selected candidate will work 32 hours per week. Weekend work is required.
• This exhibit is open 7 days a week.
At the Oregon Zoo, we hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
• Associates degree in field related to program area and 2 years experience, or
• HS diploma and four (4) years of experience in a field related to the position, or
• Any combination of education and experience that has provided knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of this position.
• Ability to work a Sunday – Thursday schedule, with some additional evenings and Saturday's.
• Possess a valid driver's license.
• Experience working with teens
• Experience with a diverse group of volunteers
• Experience with Volgistics volunteer database
To apply: visit www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs for the complete job announcement and a link to our online hiring center. Metro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Complete details: www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs