Post Date: 02/27/2018
Close Date: 03/30/2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled.
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Senior SOX IT Analyst (R18-112)
Develop and lead PGE’s Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Information Technology General Controls (ITGC) compliance program. This includes designing and maintaining a risk and controls matrix that supports SOX ITGCs, coordinating and presenting at PGE’s SOX Committee, performing risk assessments, evaluating and maintaining segregation of duties, developing and maintaining control documentation, and evaluating control deficiencies. This role provides consultation on a continuous basis with IT and other business personnel regarding control deficiencies and recommend corrective actions. Provide training to build and maintain strong control practices. Provide quarterly reporting of internal control over financial reporting for PGE’s Audit, Controls and Disclosure Committees. Consult with various business units and groups on SOX ITGCs compliance and governance. This involves assisting with development and enforcement PGE’s SOX ITGCs and IT policies, including controls that protect PGE information, systems and services from undue risk or liability from, tampering, misuses, or unauthorized disclosure of sensitive or confidential information. Also, provide recommended solutions to complex problems, recommend corrective actions, and provide consultation.
• Plan and coordinate updates to risk control matrices documentation for ITGC processes.
• Develop and lead the SOX ITGC effort in training and educating IT Support and Development personnel and the business clients on technology policies, standards and guidelines.
• Ensure policies and standards consistent with regulatory standards and best practices.
• Ensure effective performance of controls and provide support in performing assessments of control deficiencies identified, including developing and implementing remediation plans.
• Work with process owners to design controls, develop policies and processes that manage risk while effectively supporting efficient operations.
• Perform annual risk assessment and segregation of duties analyses and address internal control and procedure issues with clients.
• Provide management and external clients with extensive technical expertise and analysis on ITGC risk management and compliance in a clear and concise manner.
• Provide high-quality consulting services to internal and external clients to assure new and ongoing project risks are properly identified and addressed.
• Assist in the coordination and reporting of quarterly process and cycle owner assessments of the effectiveness of PGE’s Disclosure Controls and Procedures (DC&P) and Internal Control over Financial Reporting.
• Represent SOX IT in the coordination and follow-up of internal and external audit activities.
• Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of ITGCs, including comprehensive knowledge of data and security risks.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Audit Practices including;
• Standards (ISO, COBIT, ITIL, or other).
• Requirements (SOX, FERC, NERC or other)
• Methods of documentation, testing, and remediation
• Strong knowledge of computer and network security practices, including authentication techniques and application system controls.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to learn and retain technical skills and knowledge.
• Excellent human relations, communications and team behavior skills; must demonstrate effective utilization of PGE’s Guiding Behaviors.
• Demonstrated ability to independently manage time and work projects effectively, including establishing project goals, tracking status and communicating final results/recommendations, with minimal supervision.
• General understanding of utilities industry and related network concepts and systems, FERC accounting theory and practices, or demonstrate the ability to learn.
• Working knowledge of network and communications systems and equipment used at PGE.
• Working knowledge of applicable policies, rules and regulations, especially concerning employee privacy.
• Effective Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Office, MS Project, Visio, etc. skills and the ability to quickly develop a working knowledge of ERP systems.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor degree and typically five to eight years of experience in risk assurance auditing/accounting/advisory, Information Security, Risk Management and IT Governance. CISA or CPA (or CPA candidate) preferred.
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R18-112. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral),
Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING