Post Date: 02/15/2018
Close Date: 03/30/2018
OES is seeking a creative, enthusiastic, responsible individual to be its after school performing arts Instructor. He or she will work with middle school students twice a week progressing to two weeks of intensive rehearsal and eventually culminating in two after school performances. This position will be responsible for working with students to create or select a play, partner with the Performing Arts Department to create a simple set, and thoughtfully direct students for performances. The after school performing arts instructor will have skills and experience working with middle school aged students, will be passionate about teaching performing arts, and experienced in writing/directing school aged productions within a limited time frame. In keeping with OES’ values and mission statement, we are seeking an Instructor who can cultivate a community of creative risk taking as well as skillfully guide students around issues of culture, race, class, ethnicity, and gender.
The schedule will be as follows:
Monday and Wednesday, 3:15 -4:15 pm April 4-May 23
Monday-Friday, 3:05-5:15 pm May 30-June 6
Performance Dates: June 7 & 8- 4:30-5:30
This is a part-time, temporary position that reports directly to the Middle School extension assistant director. It come with paid sick leave and paid holidays.
● Direct an age appropriate production utilizing a collaborative approach with MS students and Upper School assistant instructors.
● Provide a caring environment with respect for students’ individual differences.
● Manage Upper school students as TA’s.
● Plan and implement an efficient rehearsal schedule within the agreed upon dates/times.
● Create a performance that aligns with OES’ values, mission statement, and essential competencies.
● Work collaboratively and creatively with Upper School assistants, Middle School students, and OES’ Performing Arts Department while being mindful of budget.
● Maintain, operate, and return (strike) all shared supplies, equipment, and facilities.
● Experience working with middle school aged students in an educational setting
● Strong background in directing/writing/performance
● Ability to pass a criminal background check and drug screen
● AA degree
● BA/BS degree
● Ability to handle light physical work in a classroom setting
● Mobility sufficient to move about the campus and assure the safety of young students
● Ability to communicate with students, parents, and coworkers
COMPENSATION: Hourly rate is $25.00-$50.00 DOE.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Interested candidates should complete the application, available here and attach cover letter and resume: OES Application for Employment.
Oregon Episcopal School does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), disability, national or ethnic origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristic or status.
Complete details: https://www.oes.edu/careers