Post Date: 03/08/2018
Close Date: 03/26/2018
Central City Concern is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide comprehensive solutions to ending homelessness and achieving self-sufficiency. CCC provides many services, such as addiction treatment, employment, housing, mental health, primary care, and other related culturally specific services, to a diverse population. As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens.
TITLE: Mental Health & Substance Use Counselor, QMHP
DEPARTMENT: Outpatient SUDS Services
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
HOURS: Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm
RANGE: $22.84-$26.26/Per hour
SUMMARY: This position is a critical member of a multi-disciplinary team that provides comprehensive, co-occurring treatment in an intensive outpatient program to individuals with opiate use disorders and mental health conditions. This position works with the team to address all treatment needs, including crisis management, substance use treatment, medication management, physical health treatment, mental health treatment, developing life skills, and accessing appropriate and affordable housing. This is a direct service position providing person-centered, trauma-informed care to clients experiencing mental health and substance use symptoms.
1. Master's degree in a human services field required.
2. One year experience in mental health and substance use treatment.
3. Must meet OAR and State ISSR guidelines for QMHP.
4. Must have CADC I certification. CADCII preferred.
5. Has the competencies necessary to:
a. Identify precipitating events;
b. Gather histories of mental, emotional and physical disabilities, alcohol and drug use, past mental health services and criminal justice contacts;
c. Assess family, social and work relationships;
d. Conduct a mental status assessment;
e. Document a multiaxial DSM diagnosis;
f. Write and implement or supervise implementation of a treatment plan;
g. Conduct and document a mental health assessment;
h. Provide mental health treatment and rehabilitative services within ones scope of practice.
6. Must meet CCC privileging requirements as required by FTCA.
7. Must become a certified Director’s Custody designee in Multnomah County within the first 6 months of hire.
8. If in recovery, must be able to document continuous abstinence under independent living conditions or recovery housing for the immediate past two years.
9. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check. This includes clearance by the DHS Background Check Unit.
10. The OAR prohibits substance use treatment program staff from having within the previous 3 years a DUI conviction or diversion, a felony conviction, or a conviction under the Uniform Controlled Substances Act.
11. Prior to employment, must be approved by the State of Oregon Employment Department Child Care Division. Must complete consent for criminal records identification check pursuant to ORS 181.537. This program receives funds from the Federal Child Care Development Fund block grant via a contract with the Child Care Division for Alcohol & Drug Abuse Programs.
12. Physical ability to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach, pull and lift heavy objects. Must be able to climb stairs several times a day.
13. Will be required to carry an agency cell phone for work use. Cell phone will be provided by Central City Concern.
14. If using a vehicle for agency use, must possess a current driver’s license, access to a vehicle, qualify as an Acceptable Driver as designated in Central City Concern’s Fleet Safety policy. Must pass an initial drivers training within 60 days of being an approved driver and continued recertification training. Must maintain vehicle insurance coverage of a minimum of $100,000/$300,000 personal auto liability coverage.
15. Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies.
16. Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, cultural backgrounds, life-styles, and sexual orientations and treat each individual with respect and dignity.
HOW TO APPLY:
To view the full job description and apply visit:
Central City Concern is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran’s status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681.
Complete details: http://www.centralcityconcern.org/jobs/