Post Date: 01/02/2018
Close Date: 01/17/2018
Central City Concern is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide comprehensive solutions to ending homelessness and achieving self-sufficiency. CCC provides many services, such as addiction treatment, employment, housing, mental health, primary care, and other related culturally specific services, to a diverse population. As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens.
TITLE: Mental Health & Addictions Counselor, QMHP
DEPARTMENT: Community Engagement Program
REPORTS TO: Clinical Supervisor
HOURS: Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm
SUMMARY: This position is a critical member of a multi-disciplinary team providing intensive case management and integrated dual diagnosis treatment. The team works to address all treatment needs, including crisis management, substance abuse treatment, medication management, physical health treatment, mental health treatment, accessing benefits and entitlements, accessing appropriate and affordable housing, accessing employment and educational opportunities. This position will play an integral role in enrollment of clients in both Mental Health and Addiction services
1. Master's degree in a human services field required.
2. One year experience in mental health and addictions treatment.
3. Must meet OAR and State ISSR guidelines for QMHP.
4. Must have CADC I certification. Mental Health Counselors supervising students must have CADC II.
5. Has the competencies necessary to:
a. Identify precipitating events;
b. Gather histories of mental, emotional and physical disabilities, alcohol and drug use, past mental health services and criminal justice contacts;
c. Assess family, social and work relationships;
d. Conduct a mental status assessment;
e. Document a multiaxial DSM diagnosis;
f. Write and implement or supervise implementation of a treatment plan;
g. Conduct and document a mental health assessment;
h. Provide mental health treatment and rehabilitative services within ones scope of practice.
6. Must meet CCC privileging requirements as required by FTCA.
7. Must become a certified Director’s Custody designee in Multnomah County within the first 6 months of hire.
8. If in recovery, must be able to document continuous abstinence under independent living conditions or recovery housing for the immediate past two years.
9. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check. This includes clearance by the DHS Background Check Unit. 10. The OAR prohibits A&D program staff from having within the previous 3 years a DUI conviction or diversion, a felony conviction, or a conviction under the Uniform Controlled Substances Act.
11. Physical ability to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach, pull and lift heavy objects. Must be able to climb stairs several times a day.
12. Will be required to carry an agency cell phone for work use. The cell phone will be provided by Central City Concern.
13. If using a vehicle for agency use: Must possess a current drivers license, pass a DMV background check and be designated an “acceptable” driver as outlined in Central City Concern’s Fleet Safety Policy. Must pass an initial drivers training within 60 days of being an approved driver and continued recertification training.
14. Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies.
15. Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, cultural backgrounds, lifestyles, and sexual orientations and treat each individual with respect and dignity.
HOW TO APPLY:
To view the full job description and apply visit:
Central City Concern is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran's status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681.
Complete details: http://www.centralcityconcern.org/jobs/