Post Date: 02/09/2018
Close Date: 03/15/2018
Deadline to apply: Continuous
Salary: $11.33 - $12.63 hourly
Do you belong at the zoo? If you have a strong commitment to customer service and a positive attitude, consider applying to join the Porter and/or Litter Patrol Crew at the Oregon Zoo.
Porters are an essential part of our extensive Operations department and work in a positive, fun environment at one of Portland's most visited attractions. This position provides a great opportunity to build your resume with skills in customer service, teamwork and leadership.
Litter Patrol: $11.33/hour
Litter Patrol plays an important role in the Operations Department to keep the public and non-public facing areas clean and tidy for our employees and guests. This position provides a great opportunity to have fun in a team environment, to provide customer service and to have fun while expanding your skillset.
There are multiple positions to be filled. Interviews will be conducted throughout the posting period. Schedules are based on weather and zoo attendance, but we try to accommodate for shifts around your existing schedule(s).
These positions are limited to a maximum of 1040 hours per 12 month period.
At the Oregon Zoo, we hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
• Any satisfactory equivalent combination of post-high school work experience and training which ensures the ability to perform the work
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Must be available to work daytime shifts, weekends and some swing shifts
Requires the ability to:
• Deal courteously with the public and to develop and maintain harmonious working relationships with other employees and the public
• Work independently and part of a team
• Understand and follow written and verbal instructions
• Walk, stand and work on concrete surfaces for extended periods of time
• Work outdoors in heat, cold and inclement weather
• Maintain a neat and clean appearance
• Perform routine clean-up tasks. Work irregular hours, including holidays, evenings and weekends
• Push, pull, lift and carry up to 50 pounds on a regular basis and up to 80 pounds occasionally
• Work in a safe manner and follow Metro safety policies, practices and procedures
• Fulfill Metro's employee values of public service, excellence, teamwork, respect, innovation and sustainability
• Perform all essential duties of the position
To apply: visit www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs for the complete job announcement and a link to our online hiring center. Metro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Complete details: www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs