Post Date: 07/11/2018
Close Date: 09/27/2018
Ride Connection is looking for a friendly, dependable person who is passionate about helping people in our community lead more independent lives. We are seeking a full-time Travel Trainer to join our team. This position will be working out of Wilsonville after the training has been completed. Training will take place in the Glisan office and should last up to 3 months. You must submit both an application as well as a resume and cover letter, in order to be considered.
The primary responsibility of the Travel Trainer is to conduct in-person assessments of customers seeking training and to instruct customers to travel safely and independently by accessing public transportation and other transportation alternatives as appropriate.
• High school diploma or equivalent, and three years’ experience in travel training or a related field
• Demonstrated training skills, comfortable leading groups of people, and speaking in front of people.
• Ability to adhere to competencies set forth in the Best Practice – A Guide to Travel Training.
• Strong interpersonal skills that allow effective working relationships with a diversity of people.
• Demonstrated computer skills, and proficient with the Microsoft Office environment and related software.
• No criminal history conviction including but not limited to any crimes committed against a person.
• Maintain a driving record that meets or exceeds Ride Connection’s driver standards.
• Ability to access reliable transportation.
• Ability to organize and manage time effectively.
• Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends.
• Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
• Experience working with older adults and people with disabilities.
• Familiarity with Portland Metropolitan area public transit system.
• Spanish/English bilingual skills.
If you are ready for the challenge of showing transportation options to older people and people with disabilities, join our team. In order to be considered for this position, you must submit both an application and a resume. Please visit www.rideconnection.org for an application and job description. To submit your material or for additional information, contact us at email@example.com. This position is an hourly non-exempt full-time position, eligible for benefits. This position will be Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 5 PM and may require some evenings and weekends as needed. Compensation is $ 14.87 per hour with paid benefits. This position is open until filled.
Ride Connection shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that Ride Connection take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Complete details: https://rideconnection.org/about-us/careers