Post Date: 02/13/2018
Close Date: 03/16/2018
Our Mission: Inspire curiosity through engaging science learning experiences, foster experimentation and the exchange of ideas, and stimulate informed action.
The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) is seeking a regular, full-time Exhibits Shop Operations Manager, who will bring experience in fabrication management and development.
OMSI is a center of excellence in science teaching and learning and a valued destination for the community. Founded in 1944, OMSI is ranked as one of the nation's top ten science museums and a world-class tourist attraction and educational resource that reaches 1 million people each year. The museum features five exhibit halls and eight science labs featuring hundreds of interactive exhibits and hands-on demonstrations, as well as residential camps and programs across the region. OMSI’s staff consists of 250-300 paid employees and 500 volunteers. They share a passion for our mission and believe deeply in partnering with communities across the region to achieve collective impact.
What you’ll do:
The Exhibits Shop Operations Manager is responsible for the management, planning, implementation, and operation of the OMSI exhibit shop (PEPCO) design and fabrication processes. The Exhibits Shop Operations Manager will work closely with clients, team members, other OMSI divisions and outside contractors and experts to balance the production needs of the Creative Services Department, Traveling Exhibits and Design/Build operations to establish an effective and efficient project workflow to ensure that projects are on-time and on-budget and maintain the high level of quality that OMSI is known for.
What you’ll need:
• Demonstrated knowledge of fabrication techniques, materials, fabrication processes, and practices.
• Demonstrated experience in the of development of electronics and exhibit interactive components.
• Knowledge of project estimation concepts and experience creating bids for outside clientele.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design, Project or Construction Management, or equivalent combination of experience and education;
• Minimum 4 years of progressive program or project management, including staff supervision, multiple project management, and budget responsibility.
• Minimum 4 years of fabrication management and development experience;
• Valid driver’s license.
• Pass pre-employment checks, such as criminal background check, reference checks, and a Motor Vehicle Record check.
• Competitive health benefits.
• Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, and Holiday pay!
We invite all applicants interested in impacting the community and our future generations to apply to join our team. Visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/210151.html to learn more or apply!
Position closes March 16, 2018.
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/210151.html