Post Date: 02/01/2018
Close Date: 02/15/2018
The Oregon Health Authority is modernizing and expanding their IT infrastructure and currently has a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Analyst with Application Development experience to join an excellent team and work to advance their IT operations.
The Oregon Health Authority promotes health equity by developing policies and programs to eliminate health disparities and reach health equity for all Oregonians.
What you will do!
As a Systems Analyst, you will support software development and operations support activities on the OR-Kids (SACWIS) System. Your responsibilities will include one or more of the following activities.
• Online and user interface development in Java.
• Utilization of SQL Server, T-SQL and SQL Server Integration Services to support reporting and database functions.
• Participation in efforts to upgrade the infrastructure, technology and architecture of the system.
• Working on software development teams to make significant functional enhancements to the system.
In this role, you will work closely with technical team members to develop and implement solutions and work closely with business analysts to understand business requirements, specify technical requirements and test new features.
What's in it for you?
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are a Systems Analyst with Application Development experience, don't delay, apply today!
(a) Five (5) years of information systems experience in Application Development.
(b) An Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or related field; AND three (3) years of information systems experience in Application Development.
(c) A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND one (1) year of information systems experience in Application Development.
• Experience using Java and/or other object oriented technologies.
• Experience with relational database management systems and SQL.
• Experience developing applications with event driven and object oriented toolsets.
• Recent experience in structured designs, analysis, programming, testing and implementation.
• Experience analyzing business procedures, processes and policies.
• Experience in business requirements collection, analysis and attendant technical specifications development.
• Programming experience using systems development methodologies.
• Application development experience with the following languages, IDEs, tools and reporting toolsets:
o Tableless form design
• Experience writing technical reports and instruction manuals for operations and users.
• Experience testing and debugging information programs and systems.
• Ability to resolve systems performance problems.
• Ability to estimate resource requirements.
• Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.