Post Date: 01/31/2018
Close Date: 02/13/2018
The Oregon Health Authority is modernizing and expanding their Health Analytics and currently has a fantastic opportunity for a Research Analyst with Business Intelligence experience to join an excellent team and work to advance their BI operations.
The Oregon Health Authority promotes health equity by developing policies and programs to eliminate health disparities and reach health equity for all Oregonians.
What you will do!
As a Lead Business Intelligence Analyst, you will determine the needs for information, data and analysis relating to publicly-funded mental health services in Oregon; oversee the children's mental health system data collection and analysis; take responsibility for researching and recommending outcome and performance measures; prepare data and analysis presentations to the Legislature, other government agencies and interested parties; and manage Business Intelligence data reporting projects.
In this role, you will work closely with behavioral health research and program staff across Health Policy and Analytics and other OHA divisions such as the Health Systems Division. You will need to demonstrate strong project management, analytical and interpersonal skills and poise to work directly with stakeholders, present information, and defend findings and recommendations.
In this position, you will be part of the Business Intelligence (BI) Solutions team, whose goals focus on meeting the needs for regular ongoing information, data and analysis for reports about publicly funded healthcare services for operations and public consumption.
Your responsibilities will include: collaboratively defining, designing and coordinating reporting tasks; ensuring the accuracy, reliability, timeliness and overall quality of report data; overseeing the preparation of data to maximize efficient use of analysts' time; documenting specifications to extract, transfer and load adequate data from various sources to be used for interactive reports; establishing and maintaining adequate report documentation and scheduling; and monitoring quality, satisfaction and use of BI reports to ensure ongoing usefulness.
What's in it for you?
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are a Research Analyst with Business Intelligence experience, don't delay, apply today!
A Bachelor's Degree in any disciplines that included six-quarter units in statistics or quantitative analysis methods and procedures, and three years of experience using computerized applications to independently gather, compile, and analyze data and prepare narrative or statistical reports. Two of the three years must have included coordinating complex research projects.
Five years of research experience using computerized applications to independently gather, compile, and analyze data and prepare narrative or statistical reports. Two of the five years must have included coordinating complex research projects.
• Experience using SAS, GIS or similar statistical software packages.
• Experience using SQL or similar programming languages.
• Strong working knowledge of Medicaid programs and behavioral health treatment services, medical billing, coding and terminology.
• Experience using statistical software and data visualization tools such as PowerPivot, PowerQuery, PowerBI and/or Tableau.
• Quantitative and qualitative problem solving skills.
• Experience in survey design, research design, report writing, and data presentation.
• Experience with health survey research, health outcomes research, and healthcare delivery systems research.
• Experience using healthcare expenditure, utilization and quality assurance data.
• Experience producing written reports, executive summaries and fact sheets.
• Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.