Post Date: 08/09/2017
Close Date: 09/15/2017
Oregon Episcopal School is seeking substitute teachers for its Lower School. The LS substitute teacher works under the direction of the assistant heads of Lower School to teach in the absence of classroom teachers or specialists (music, art, Spanish, Chaplain, or physical education). Oregon Episcopal School places a high value on the cultivation of an inclusive community, social responsibility, spiritual growth, and appreciation and respect for individual differences. In addition to the qualifications detailed below, the successful substitute teacher will be able to create a safe, and nurturing environment for children in the absence of the regular classroom teacher.
● Report to work as soon as possible after receiving request for substitute teacher.
● Carry out lessons, regular routines, and supervision duties according to the classroom or specialist teacher's plans.
● Provide a written report at the end of the day to communicate with the teacher about the day’s events.
● BA or equivalent in education or related field
● Experience teaching elementary school aged children
● Digital literacy; intermediate MS Office suite, Google Docs/Drive and other web based applications, as appropriate to job duties, ability to adapt as digital tools evolve and change
● Ability to pass criminal background check and drug screen
● MA or equivalent in education or related field
● Teaching credential
● Five years of teaching experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
● A passion for teaching, ability to maintain a warm, productive classroom environment
● Intercultural competency, ability to interact appropriately with a diverse array individuals and teach diverse groups of students
● Interpersonal skills, ability to maintain collegial relations with students, parents, and colleagues
● Some knowledge of educational technology, openness to learning new applications
● Primarily classroom environment; ability to communicate clearly with students, parents, and groups of individuals
● Ability to move about the classroom/school and the OES campus
● Mobility sufficient to ensure the safety of young children
● Ability to lift up to 20 pounds on an occasional basis
COMPENSATION: This on call position pays $25 per hour.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume, and completed application, available here: http://www.oes.edu/uploaded/contacts/application.pdf
to Assistant Head of Lower School for Early Years Kirstin McCauley at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, the application must be printed, signed, and either scanned and send by email attachment or mailed to 6300 SW Nicol Road, Portland, OR 97223. Open until filled. No phone calls please.
Oregon Episcopal School does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), disability, national or ethnic origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristic or status.
Complete details: www.oes.edu/careers