Post Date: 01/22/2018
Close Date: 02/22/2018
Apply Here: http://reachcdc.org/about-us/career-opportunities/
*Bilingual in Vietnamese, Korean, Cantonese, or Mandarin is a plus
A healthy community begins at home. REACH provides quality affordable housing and opportunities for individuals, families, and communities to thrive.
REACH is an equal opportunity employer that strives to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture.
This organization believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this job description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the employee nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
Works independently and with other staff to complete routine maintenance of properties. Position requires Performance of carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, and general repair to maintain properties in good condition. Also Coordinates work across a defined group of properties to insure operational performance and requires a demonstrated ability and continuous effort to improve operations, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively with staff, volunteers, subcontractors, residents, and community partners.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
Complete maintenance and repair projects as assigned.
Perform unit turnover preparation repair and maintenance.
Maintain lawns and landscaping, where applicable.
Maintain complete records of maintenance, mileage, costs and repairs.
Report unsafe or hazardous conditions to staff. Respond to emergency situations and takes appropriate action.
Conduct annual property inspections for budgeting purposes.
Contact residents for scheduling repairs.
Required to be "On-Call", per established guidelines
Maintain work area in clean and professional manner.
Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic background, religious view, political affiliations, cultural backgrounds, life-styles, and sexual orientations, treating each individual with respect and dignity.
Must adhere to company policies of non-discrimination
Employee is to maintain regular and reliable attendance.
Specific Job Skills:
• Strong working knowledge of current repair and maintenance techniques and procedures.
• Ability to use a variety of hand and power tools.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Working knowledge of smartphone technology including phone calls, text, email and calendar.
• Ability to deal effectively with all types of people.
• Knowledge of building codes and basic landlord/tenant and fair housing laws.
• Ability to speak read and write English.
• Basic math skills
• Basic hand tools (see job conditions below)
Education and/or Experience:
• Experience and working knowledge of maintenance and repair practices and techniques.
• Minimum of 2 years' experience, preferably in a similar setting.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• May be exposed to angry, distraught or potentially violent people
• Requires work with a variety of age groups
• May require overtime to meet deadlines
• May require evening and/or weekend meetings
• May use or be exposed to a variety of hand and power tools, chemicals and paints and other construction worksite hazards
• Requires period of walking, standing or working in confined spaces or heights
• Requires lifting or moving objects weighing up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis; up to 100 lbs. on an irregular basis
• Must have a vehicle with insurance, valid driver's license.
• May require the need for frequent shifting of priorities and deadlines
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time-to-time, as needed.
The company reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the company desires. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship is "At-Will". The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
Complete details: http://reachcdc.org/about-us/career-opportunities/