Post Date: 02/16/2018
Close Date: 03/30/2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Workforce Planning Specialist (R18-034)
The workforce planning specialist is responsible for the design and implementation of advanced workforce capacity planning and forecasting tools that deliver outcomes that translate into workforce projection and leveling needs.
Support our journey by:
• Provide guidance on companywide strategic workforce planning strategies and initiatives, ensuring continuous development and deployment in the area of strategic workforce planning
• Effectively partner with key operational, functional and HR leadership to proactively identify critical workforce requirements and existing gaps in order to successfully deliver on short and long term business strategies
• Oversees a variety of analyses on the current and projected leadership and workforce populations, and leads strategies to address findings
• Analyze enterprise-wide trends relative to resource schedules and allocation of talent
• Evaluate staffing implications of resource demand forecasts to determine if, when, and which type of staffing sources should be used to optimize cost effectiveness, operations efficiency, and delivery quality
• Lead strategic planning efforts utilizing exceptional problem solving, ownership, and follow-through
• Plan future projections of staffing needs and forecast resource growth based on the organizational and business goals
• Manage and budget staff to utilize demand data and plan workforce size, composition, and acquisition timing
• Review, update, and improve workforce capacity management methods and practices in an effort to provide reliable resource capacity, utilization, and forecast data
• Use external research and networks to understand key trends in staff functions globally and trends ’ implications on talent strategy and programs
Bring the following skills to our team:
• Experience in resource management, including staff planning and capacity planning
• Extensive experience collaborating with leadership to identify future workforce needs
• Demonstrated ability to lead professionals and manage others through influence and collaboration
• Experience with and knowledge of quantitative workforce analysis, reporting and interpreting internal and external data sources
Typically, the successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Analytics or Business and 5-8 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R18-034. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral),
Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING