Post Date: 03/01/2018
Close Date: 03/16/2018
The Sunshine Division is one of the oldest social service agencies in Portland, having provided free emergency food and clothing since 1923. We've recently expanded and are hiring a client service assistant at our new SE Portland location to help us deliver our services. If you have a passion for our mission and are skilled at working directly with the public we encourage you to apply. The Client Services Assistant is a full time position, includes employer paid health insurance, dental, 401K match, generous PTO, life insurance, free parking, and a rewarding work atmosphere!
TO APPLY: Email a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org including the following:
1. Your salary requirements
2. Stating why you would be a great fit to work in client services to help deliver the Sunshine Division mission
3. Examples of your experience working with, providing customer service to, and/or communicating with diverse populations
Position is open immediately.
Summary of the position:
The Client Services Assistant is responsible for prompt, excellent customer service to our clients, volunteers, and inside and outside vendors; efficient use of resources for all programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist clients in person and over the phone.
• Assist Client Services & Data Coordinator with tracking of clients, projects, & data entry. Produces a monthly recap from client services database.
• Assist Program & Mission Manager with outreach projects & data entry.
• Assist clients in the food pantry by explaining services and tracking outgoing weight of food and clothing.
• Manages intake of new and existing clients. Uses client database properly track and issue services to families and individuals.
• Provide resource referrals as appropriate.
• Work with Warehouse Manager making sure appropriate food is available and stocked appropriately in pantry.
• Daily work with client services staff to set food limits in food pantry and if needed relay this information to volunteers.
• Assist with projects related to operations such as: client demographic tracking, stocking food, stocking clothing store, managing pantry appearance, working with and managing regular volunteers.
• Oversee opening and closing procedure for food pantry and clothing store on a daily basis.
• Provide assistance in warehouse when needed.
• Other duties as assigned. This position has no staff supervisory responsibilities but does manage and direct volunteers regularly.
Hours: Approximately 37 hours per week
Schedule: Tuesday through Saturday.
Additional hours and potential overtime in November and December.
Salary: $12.25-$12.75 per hour (DOE)