Post Date: 12/19/2017
Close Date: 01/18/2018
Mental Health Therapist
Full Time, Full Benefits
Job Code: MHT-652/673
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
The Mental Health Therapist is responsible for maintaining client caseloads of youth who struggle with a co-occurring disorder and/or exhibited sexualized behaviors. The Mental Health Therapist will provide family therapy, utilizing best practices in alcohol and drug treatment, and mental health services. Incubent will serve as primary liaison to psychiatric services provider and follow program policies and guidelines.
Education and Work Experience:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
• Master’s degree in social services or related filed required
• 2 years of experience working with at-risk youth
• Minimum 2 years alcohol and drug treatment experience is preferred
• CADC application required within 5 months of employment and licensing required within two years of employment.
• Intermediate computer skills using word processing, databases, electronic medical records and email. Knowledge of child and adolescent development, family systems, substance abuse and dependence, delinquency and related interventions.
• Individual, group and family therapy skills required.
• Fluent in the Spanish language, written, read and spoken.
• Pass a DHS criminal history background
• Meets agency driving requirements
• Works up to 40 hours a week during regular program hours (Monday through Friday 7:30am – 6:00pm); schedule is created with assigned supervisor.
• May be required to work irregular hours outside of the normal program business hours including weekends.
• Travel and perform duties at different agency locations with possible meetings/presentations at other Morrison designated worksites and in the community.
• CPR and Standard First Aid Certification within 30 days of hire and keep current.
• Oregon Food Handler’s Card within 30 days of hire and keep current
• Language testing if applicable
Pay range: $17.36-$18.48
Bilingual pay range: $19.33-$20.57
• Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job code “MHT- MHT-652/673” in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter. Indicate that you’re applying for the Mental Health Therapist position.
• Alternative: Fax your cover letter/resume to Morrison Child and Family Services following the directions above to 503-736-9759.
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: http://www.morrisonkids.org/job/mental-health-therapist-2/