Post Date: 12/11/2017
Close Date: 01/07/2018
Friends of the Children’s goal is to break the cycle of generational poverty for the highest priority youth in our community. We do this through a 12 ½ year program that emphasizes development of socioemotional assets and the skills to succeed in postsecondary programs and sustainable careers.
Friends of the Children is at an exciting point in our trajectory. We have completed a year-long racial equity initiative, in partnership with the Center for Equity & Inclusion, and are poised to transform our organization through the development and implementation of a staff-driven equity action plan. Additionally, we have just launched a five-year strategic plan that sharpens our programmatic focus on supporting long-term self-sufficiency for our program graduates.
We are seeking a talented Program Operations Coordinator to join our diverse team of dedicated and passionate professionals.
The Program Operations Coordinator reports to the Director of Program Operations (DPO) and provides administrative support for the Program Department. The Program Operations Coordinator will provide high level administrative assistance, provide logistical support related to hosting groups, meetings and events, and support utilization of technology to advance departmental goals. The Program Operations Coordinator must understand, support and do whatever is necessary to promote the organization’s mission, vision, values and principles as well as be able to clearly articulate the organization’s function.
If these statements and skills describe you, please apply:
- You are centered in racial equity.
- You are highly organized, comfortable with technology, and excited to contribute these skills to further Friends of the Children’s mission.
- You are excited by the opportunity to increase operational efficiency.
Friends of the Children offers our employees an excellent work environment that includes:
- Respect for work-life balance.
- An emphasis on collaboration and shared leadership, where all staff are expected to participate in developing and furthering key organizational goals.
- Generous benefits package.
We are committed to our community, to equal employment opportunity, and to diversity in our workplace.