Post Date: 01/31/2018
Close Date: 03/31/2018
Active Transportation Specialist (Part-time, .5 FTE) - Temporary to 6/2019
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09257
Location: Sylvania Campus
Address: 12000 SW 49th Avenue, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: Other
Position Status: Classified; Part-time (.5 FTE); Level 14; Non-exempt
Starting Salary Range: The first two steps of the range are: $14.44 to $14.76 per hour. Higher salary placement may be available based on qualifications, experience and internal equity.
Job Close Date: Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received.
This is a temporary position currently funded through June of 2019.
Part-time position currently funded at .5 FTE (approximately 1040 hours per year). Work schedule to be negotiated, but is flexible based on the needs of the candidate. Occasional Saturday work may be required.
Benefits are Pro-rated for part-time positions.
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options.
Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
- Starts at 6.67 hours of Vacation leave per month (additional vacation hours with years of service)
- 8 hours of Sick Leave per month
- 24 hours of additional Personal Leave days per year
- 11 Paid Holidays
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for yourself, domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age. Tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions.
Typical Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides travel information to students, staff, and visitors on varieties of alternate transportation available; customizes routes for individuals.
- Directs students, staff, and visitors to resources related to alternative transportation.
- Provides information to PCC web team to ensure online shuttle and campus maps are current and accurate.
- Instructs students and staff regarding safe bicycling practices and completion of repairs.
- Monitors bicycle, pedestrian, and shuttle services and performs data entry on usage.
- Provides administrative support for the Active Transportation Advisory Committee.
- Participates in Active Transportation Advisory Committee meetings; relays information on campus issues.
- Participates in the development of marketing, educational, safety and promotional materials as well as maps indicating safe routes to and from transit stops.
- Researches, promotes, and participates in related community events as appropriate.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To be considered for this position, your application materials must show how you meet the following requirements:
Note: Experience requirements use full-time equivalent
High school diploma or equivalent.
Three years of customer service experience or bicycle maintenance experience (college or business school training may be substituted for up to two years of the experience requirement).
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Alternative transportation best practices;
- Principles of customer service;
- Alternative transportation resources;
- Basic bicycle safety, maintenance, and repair.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Work pressure, disturbances of work flow and/or irregularities in work schedule are expected and occur on an intermittent basis. Carrying and assembling displays (up to 50 lbs), tabling and interacting with the public for extended periods of time. Position involves frequent bending, standing, kneeling, climbing ladders, reaching below and above shoulders, and lifting objects weighing up to 50 lbs. while performing job duties. Wrist, hand and finger dexterity is required to operate various equipment and materials
These qualifications and characteristics are critical to success in this important role at PCC. Please clarify in your application materials the experiences, successes and techniques evidencing how you bring these strengths:
- Experience working in alternative transportation, Bicycling, Walking and or Transit.
- Experience maintaining records of expenses, contacts and daily activities for grant reporting.
- Enjoys talking with people and helping them plan their travel options such as best transit routes, smart phone usage for travel times.
- Has communications skills including experience with various diverse cultures.
- Like to work as part of team, helping to plan and carrying out the set objectives.
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this position you must submit:
1.Completed online application
2. Cover Letter (attach document)*
3. Current Resume (attach document)*
To apply for this position, please submit:
1. Completed online application
2. Cover Letter (attach document)* Please state how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications.
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
Applicants selected for further consideration may be asked to complete a supplemental questionnaire.
- This position is included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Federation of Classified Employees (PCCFCE). Employment in this position will require, as a condition of employment, payment of monthly union dues or a monthly fair share fee in lieu of dues through automatic payroll deduction. Probationary period will be in accordance with Article 13 of the Classified Agreement. Current Classified employees are encouraged to review Article 15 for salary placement guidelines.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1161376
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Complete details: http://apptrkr.com/1161376