Post Date: 01/25/2018
Close Date: 02/28/2018
Fully Seeks Technical Director
We sell and design desks, chairs and things that keep your body moving so you can work and live more fully. We are excited to share we were named one of Oregon’s Top 100 Best Places to Work!
A little about us:
We are proud to be a unique and diverse team. We are a quirky collection of creatives, nerds, yogis, dancers, foodies, climbers, cyclists, and movement fanatics. We expect all team members to simply, “come as you are” and we truly mean it.
We are people who don’t fit into boxes and don’t put up with cubicles. Our “open door” policy is more of a “no door” policy and we love sipping a beer on a Friday afternoon while busting a move to the office tunes. We like to talk to each other, share ideas, and collaborate, preferably over kombucha, happy hour, or a waterfront stroll.
We hire people we believe in and who are equally passionate about engaging in a progressive and active workplace. We are constantly moving, learning, and evolving both personally and professionally. Ultimately, we believe life is too short not to love where you work.
A little about you:
You love the big picture and can also get down to the roots. You are a systems thinker and you don’t take shortcuts. You tend towards scalability and sustainability and like to go fast. You connect with people from vendor partners to fellow employees. You’re comfortable managing competing priorities from various stakeholders. You know how to lead, motivate, and develop a team. You get excited about daunting challenges, and quickly organize your team start tackling them. You don’t just check boxes, you seek deep understanding.
As Technical Director, you will lead the short-term and long-term development of our ecosystem of systems and people to deliver information where it’s needed when it’s needed. You will facilitate our integrated website, marketplace platform, backend systems to make it seem easy for our team to deliver world-class service to our customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversee website, ERP, and system architecture
• Determine and manage IT budget, including software licensing, services, and equipment costs
• Develop and oversee long-term technology roadmap and planning
• Lead systems department, currently 3 people
• Evaluate and refine systems, workflows; widen bottlenecks and support automation
• Drive technical prioritization, in conjunction with business and marketing needs
• Spearhead technical projects from conception to maintenance
• Vendor partner management
• Responsible for IT inventory, desktop support, VOIP, and internal infrastructure
Skills and Qualifications
• Project, program, and portfolio management
• Strong understanding of the dynamics of a growing business
• System architecture and administration
• Comfort operating in a startup culture
• Business analysis and the ability to break down complex technical issues for lay people
• Outstanding written and verbal communication
• Bachelors in CS, business, or in other field and equivalent experience
• 10 or more years of progressively more responsible business leadership roles
• 6-8 years in a technical leadership role in implementing business and/or websites
• Implementation and maintenance of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) or other business management systems
• Experience leading complex teams consisting of internal employees and partner companies to capture business requirements from diverse stakeholders across the business and delivering effective systems that meet the needs.
• Experience with full stack development projects
• Experience building and leading growing teams within a growing organization
Company perks: weekly company lunch on us, alternative commuter stipend, monthly wellness stipend, 15 days PTO to start, 401K with company match, 80 hours/year for volunteering at an organization of your choice, dog-friendly office, kombucha on tap, bottomless Nossa Familia Coffee, personal training 2 mornings a week, cool SE waterfront location, and the best and brightest coworkers around.
If you are buzzing with excitement that you might be our new Technical Director and you have the skills and experience to back it up, kindly send your resume, cover letter, and favorite Portland restaurant. We want to be sure you read the entire ad and also, we love food!
Complete details: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/26319