Post Date: 02/26/2018
Close Date: 03/11/2018
Application deadline: March 5, 2018 (Internally)
March 11, 2018 (Externally)
Become a part of the Portland General Electric Team!
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. We are a proud and resourceful team who take care of each other, our communities and our natural resources.
Portland General Electric team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. Our team has a tremendous range of skill sets, and is dedicated to diversity, community, and our customers.
Working for PGE is fun, challenging and enriching, and with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like working for PGE too. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Join us and power your potential.
Chemical Spray Truck Driver (U18-039) $30.05/hr.
In this position you will work under the direction of the chemical spray foreman to assist in the mixing, transporting and application of pesticides used in PGE’s vegetation management program in substations, generating plants, and company owned properties with minimum supervision.
• Become part of our journey by:
• Drive chemical spray truck and help chemical spray foreman mix various pesticides.
• Safely transport and apply chemical mix using PGE chemical spray truck at various PGE owned locations throughout Oregon.
• Inspect and service chemical spray tanks and equipment and occasionally, may be required to operate other types of equipment.
• Perform cleanup and housekeeping of chemical storage room and containers for the safe storage and/or disposal of pesticide products.
• Perform cleanup of leaves and debris in substations, and other duties or assignments as directed by the chemical spray foreman or supervisor.
• Work on temporary assignments at other headquarters, including working at locations outside of PGE’s service territory, and in inclement weather.
• May be required to perform the duties of the chemical spray foreman when assigned.
You can bring the following skills to our team:
• Must have passed the written examination to obtain the Oregon State public pesticide applicator’s license.
• Possess a Class A CDL drivers’ license.
• Required to become knowledgeable about the characteristics of pesticides, methods of application, timing and precautions in using pesticides, and the laws regulating their application. (Previous experience with the application of pesticides is desirable).
• Required to attend Oregon Department of Agriculture approved pesticide recertification courses to keep applicator’s license current.
• Ability to read and comprehend technical pesticide labels on mixing, transporting and using pesticide products.
• Ability to make minor adjustments to the equipment in the field is desirable.
• Ability to communicate well with other employees, customers and the general public to explain the necessity and purpose of safe chemical applications.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=U18-039.
Your Total Compensation Package
Portland General Electric believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company and at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future. This package includes medical insurance, paid vacation, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that include a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions, a stock purchase plan, plus more.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Staffing Services Contact:
THIS IS AN INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING