Post Date: 12/28/2017
Close Date: 01/15/2018
Instructor, Electronic Engineering Technology
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09202
Location: Sylvania Campus
Address: 12000 SW 49th Avenue, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: Varies
Position Status: Full-time Faculty, 1.0 FTE, Exempt
Starting Salary Range: Starting Salary: $52,020 to $55,728 (Step 3); based on qualifications, experience, and internal equity. Full 2017/18 Faculty Salary Range is $52,020 to $90,205.
Job Close Date: Apply by January 15, 2018 for best consideration
Are you ready to impact the lives of students? Portland Community College is looking for an Electronics Engineering Technology Instructor at the Sylvania Campus.
This position will start Fall term 2018 and is eligible for Continuous Appointment upon third year review.
The core of all we do at PCC is equitable student success!
For more than 50 years, the Electronic Engineering Technology (EET) program has produced graduates whose superior skills and abilities have helped them obtain excellent jobs and pursue advanced degrees. Many of our graduates have achieved upper-level positions as engineering managers and quality control technicians in some of the Northwest's most reputable firms, including Intel, Biotronik, Sunset Solar, Cascade Microtech, and many Portland area hospitals including OHSU, Providence, and the Veteran's Medical Center. The EET department offers two certificates and one AAS degree in EET with multiple areas of concentration in: Biomedical Engineering Technology, Wireless and Data Communications, Renewable Energy Systems and Mechatronics/Automation and Robotics. Our program serves students during the day and in the evening, and we may potentially include courses on the weekends in the future.
Our faculty enjoy an atmosphere of collegiality and sense of belonging that rewards outstanding teaching and fosters active intellectual and creative engagement. PCC is dedicated to attracting and sustaining a diverse cadre of faculty who are, through their teaching and scholarly activities, committed to student success and high-quality academic programs.
PCC serves nearly 80,000 full-time and part-time students, from all walks of life in the Portland area. We are committed to a culture which values human diversity and cultural competency for our students, our employees, and our partners.
Our core themes at PCC are:
* Equitable Access and Student Success
* Economic Development and Sustainability
* Quality Education
* Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
If this sounds like a community you would like to be a part of, and an important role that you would like to play for PCC, please review the minimum and preferred qualifications listed below, and apply today! Please be sure to tell us how you meet each of these qualifications so that we can get to know you and what you can bring to Portland Community College.
Here is our intended Recruitment Timeline:
- Best Application Consideration Date: January 15, 2018
- Initial Interviews: early February
- Finalist (On-Campus) Interviews: late February - early March
PCC offers a comprehensive benefits package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with access to a broad range of benefit options; including Health, Dental and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance, Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
- 1 day of sick leave for every 18 days worked (~10 days/year)
- 21 hours of additional personal leave per year
- 4 paid holidays (which occur during the term you are teaching)
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waver for yourself, domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age; plus tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions.
For a complete list of PCC benefits, please visit http://www.pcc.edu/hr.benefits
PCC Faculty Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Instruct students using approved course outcome guides developed by college-wide subject area Faculty; assess student performance in these courses.
- Attend and participate in college-wide, campus/center division, department, and program meetings and activities.
- Serve on Subject Area Curriculum Committees and/or such other College committees as may be assigned.
- Assist in the recruitment of students.
- Provide registration, advising, and guidance assistance to students.
- Provide professional assistance to staff and students.
- Provide information and assistance on College operations as may be requested.
- Compile and/or research data as may be assigned.
- Provide services to students in a manner which does not discriminate as to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, sexual preference or marital status.
- Remain current in the field through a variety of professional development activities.
- Maintain College safety standards in their work areas; ensure that students are trained in good safety practices; and make reasonable efforts to ensure that students follow good safety practices.
- Comply with published College Policies and Procedures.
- Perform other related duties as provided in Faculty Agreement.
To be considered for this position, your application materials must show how you meet the following requirements:
- Master's degree in electrical/electronic engineering
- Three (3) years of full-time, industrial work experience in the electrical/electronic engineering field.
- Master's degree in electrical/electronic engineering related areas including computer. electromechanical, and mechatronics/automation/robotics engineering, plus 30 quarter hours credit in upper division coursework in the electrical/electronic engineering areas
- Three (3) years of full-time, industrial work experience in the electrical/electronic engineering or the above listed related fields
- Bachelor's degree in electrical/electronic engineering
- Four (4) years of full-time industrial work experience in the electrical/electronic engineering fields
- Bachelor's degree in electrical/electronic engineering related areas such as computer, electromechanical, mechatronics/automation/robotics engineering plus 30 quarter hours upper division course work in the electrical/electronic engineering areas
- Four (4) years of full-time industrial work experience in the electrical/electronic engineering or the above listed related fields
- AAS degree in electrical/electronic engineering technology or related areas including computer, electromechanical, mechatronics/automation/robotics
- Five (5 ) years full-time, industrial work experience in the electrical/electronic engineering technology or the above listed related areas
These qualifications and characteristics are critical to success in this important role at PCC. Please clarify in your application materials the experiences, successes and techniques evidencing how you bring these strengths:
-Graduate education in electrical/electronic engineering.
-Experience as a teacher or a trainer.
-Experience teaching/working in a community college setting.
-Experience teaching in an online/distance modality.
-Demonstrated adaptability & flexibility in previous/current professional experience.
-Demonstrated commitment to student centered approach in teaching/training experience.
-Demonstrated commitment to culturally responsive teaching/training.
-Experience in more than one sub-field in Electrical & Computer Engineering.
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this position please provide the following:
1) Completed online application
Be sure to indicate clearly how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications in the employment history to ensure this experience is taken into consideration.
2) Cover Letter (*Attach)
In 1-2 pages, state specifically how you meet each of the qualifications for the position (minimum and preferred qualifications).
3) Current Resume/Vita (*Attach)
4) Unofficial Transcripts for each of your degrees (Includes current PCC employees) (*Attach)
Transcripts need to include the Title of the degree earned and the Date that the degree was conferred and the Name of the Institution.
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
Note to Applicants:
- All transcripts from institutions outside of the U.S. are required to include an evaluation by a U.S. credential evaluation agency (copy and paste the link http://www.pcc.edu/hr/employment/faculty-information.html into another browser window for specific instructions).
- Applicants Anticipating Degree Completion by September 1, 2018 must supply a letter from his/her university stating the degree title and that the degree will be granted by that date.
- Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
- As an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Application Review Process:
1) Once the "best consideration date" has passed, an initial screening will be conducted.
2) If you are selected by the committee for further consideration you may be contacted by email and asked to submit written responses to a set of essay questions. You may have as little as one week to provide the required information.
3) Upon hire the selected candidate will be required to supply OFFICIAL copies of transcripts for all degrees earned.
4) Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1126496
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Complete details: http://apptrkr.com/1126496