Post Date: 03/07/2018
Close Date: 07/31/2018
The Oregon Health Authority is modernizing and expanding their IT infrastructure and currently has a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Administrator or Programmer with Automation and Database / Quality experience to join an excellent team and work to advance their IT operations.
The Oregon Health Authority promotes health equity by developing policies and programs to eliminate health disparities and reach health equity for all Oregonians.
What you will do!
As an Automation and Data Quality Systems Administrator, you will support the Office of Information Services (OIS), Collaborative Communications Unit. This is a very unique and independent position where you will be responsible for creating and maintaining scripts, programs and databases that provide automation for the unit's service areas of email, calendars, instant messaging, conferencing, and mobile devices. You will also manage the unit's various data sources of information and analyze this data for accuracy and quality, including the generation of reports and automated notifications when data is out of compliance with policy or performance metrics.
Your additional responsibilities may also include user administration, security permissions, advanced device/service troubleshooting, and overflow or advanced customer service/assistance/support with Office 365, MS Exchange, MS Skype for Business, mobile device management (MDM) systems and other systems integrated into the messaging environment. You will develop server automation scripts to perform routine tasks that can be automated.
In this role, you may also provide occasional tier II and tier III technical support and problem resolution using trouble ticketing, email, and verbal communication techniques.
What's in it for you?
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are a Systems Administrator or Programmer with Automation and Database / Quality experience, don't delay, apply today!
(a) Five (5) years of information systems experience.
(b) An Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or related field; AND three (3) years of information systems experience.
(c) A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND one (1) year of information systems experience.
• Experience with scripting or programming languages (MS PowerShell and C# preferred), techniques and practices.
• Exposure to interfacing programs with some or all of the following systems: MS Active Directory, MS Servers, MS Office 365, MS SQL Server, MS Exchange, MS Skype for Business, Mobile Device Management Systems, and CA Service Desk Manager
• Experience with MS SQL Server or other SQL-based platforms, including creating tables, queries, stored procedures, reporting, and uploading/validating large datasets.
• Exposure to automating data functions, including calling APIs over the internet and sending/receiving bulk emails.
• Exposure to creating, modifying and/or supporting MS Active Directory User, Resource and Service Accounts.
• Exposure to working with various data file formats and data transmission methods.
• Ability to self-learn how to write or access program data interfaces using manuals, guides or written instructions and without formalized training.
• Excellent communications skills, including good listening skills; troubleshooting skills; and effective communications in specific customer and public situations.
• Ability to build relationships and facilitate effective discussions with employees at all levels of the organization.
• Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.