Post Date: 01/24/2018
Close Date: 03/02/2018
The Housing Retention STRA Coordinator is responsible for providing prevention services and assistance to households who are facing immediate housing crisis utilizing Short Term Rent Assistance (STRA) funds. This position will receive and review all referrals for eviction prevention, conduct eligibility and needs assessment and complete and process all required paperwork. This position reports to the Stability and Empowerment Director at SEI’s Community and Family Programs located at 4803 NE 7th Ave., Portland OR 97211.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conduct initial assessment to determine eligibility
• Complete required paperwork and data entry in Service Point database
• Advocate with other government agencies and other community partners on behalf of clients
• Maintain case files and documentation as required
• Conduct follow up assessment for all participants who have received STRA funding
• Assists clients with housing retention, educational and employment referrals and access to other community programs while providing community education and resource services
• Performs other related duties as assigned
• Experience in Social Services or in a related field and/or 2 years case management experience.
• Experience working with diverse populations and conducting needs assessments and initiating support services.
• Must have effective interpersonal skills and excellent problem solving skills
• Ability to successfully motivate and connect with others
• Must have strong organizational and time management skills
• Ability to understand and follow complex written and oral instructions, rules and procedures
• Demonstrated ability to work independently or with teams
• Excellent computer skills; experience using ServicePoint and/or Excel software a plus
• Must have a valid state driver's license and be insurable under SEI’s auto coverage
• Paid medical/dental for employee, and one-half paid medical/dental for dependents.
• Paid life insurance and disability insurance (after waiting period).
• 4 weeks accrued vacation.
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan.
• 125 Flexible Benefit Plan.
• Employee Assistance Program