Post Date: 02/26/2018
Close Date: 05/31/2018
Instructor, Welding Technology - Rock Creek
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09346
Location: Rock Creek Campus
Address: 17705 NW Springville Road, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: Varies
Position Status: Full-time Faculty, 1.0 FTE, Exempt
Starting Salary Range: Starting Salary: $52,020 to $55,728 (Step 3); based on qualifications, experience, and internal equity. Full 2017/18 Faculty Salary Range is $52,020 to $90,205.
Job Close Date: Apply by March 21, 2018 for best consideration
Are you ready to impact the lives of students? Portland Community College is looking for a Welding Instructor at the Rock Creek Campus.
This position will start Fall term 2018 and is eligible for Continuous Appointment upon third year review.
The core of all we do at PCC is equitable student success!
Our Welding Technology program provides training in SMAW (shielded metal arc welding), GTAW (gas tungsten arc welding), PAC (plasma-arc cutting), GMAW (gas metal arc welding), FCAW (flux-cored arc welding), OAW (oxyacetylene welding), OAC (oxyacetylene cutting), and basic fabrication. Lecture portions of the program include blueprint reading, welding principles, structural steel codes.
Our faculty enjoy an atmosphere of collegiality and sense of belonging that rewards outstanding teaching and fosters active intellectual and creative engagement. PCC is dedicated to attracting and sustaining a diverse cadre of faculty who are, through their teaching and scholarly activities, committed to student success and high-quality academic programs.
PCC serves nearly 75,000 full-time and part-time students, from all walks of life in the Portland area. We are committed to a culture which values human diversity and cultural competency for our students, our employees, and our partners.
If this sounds like a community you would like to be a part of, and an important role that you would like to play for PCC, please review the minimum and preferred qualifications listed below, and apply today! Please be sure to tell us how you meet each of these qualifications so that we can get to know you and what you can bring to Portland Community College.
Here is our intended Recruitment Timeline:
- Job Announcement posted: February 21, 2018
- Best Application Consideration Date: March 21, 2018
- Initial Interviews: April 2018
- Finalist (On-Campus) Interviews and Skills Demo: Late April / Early May 2018
PCC offers a comprehensive benefits package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with access to a broad range of benefit options; including Health, Dental and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance, Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
- 1 day of sick leave for every 18 days worked (~10 days/year)
- 21 hours of additional personal leave per year
- 4 paid holidays (which occur during the term you are teaching)
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waver for yourself, domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age; plus tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions.
For a complete list of PCC benefits, please visit http://www.pcc.edu/hr.benefits
Application Review Process:
1) Once the "deadline or best consideration date" has passed, an initial screening will be conducted.
2) If you are selected by the committee for further consideration you may be contacted by email and asked to submit written responses to a set of essay questions. You may also be asked to prepare a Skills and Safety demo as part of the interview process.
3) Upon hire the selected candidate will be required to supply OFFICIAL copies of transcripts for all degrees earned - required within 2 weeks of your accepted offer.
4) Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
PCC Faculty Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Instruct students using approved course outcome guides developed by college-wide subject area Faculty; assess student performance in these courses.
- Attend and participate in college-wide, campus/center division, department, and program meetings and activities.
- Serve on Subject Area Curriculum Committees and/or such other College committees as may be assigned.
- Assist in the recruitment of students.
- Provide registration, advising, and guidance assistance to students.
- Provide professional assistance to staff and students.
- Provide information and assistance on College operations as may be requested.
- Compile and/or research data as may be assigned.
- Provide services to students in a manner which does not discriminate as to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, sexual preference or marital status.
- Remain current in the field through a variety of professional development activities.
- Maintain College safety standards in their work areas; ensure that students are trained in good safety practices; and make reasonable efforts to ensure that students follow good safety practices.
- Comply with published College Policies and Procedures.
- Perform other related duties as provided in Faculty Agreement.
To be considered for this position, your application materials must show how you meet the following requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Five (5) years recent welding field experience (Five years recent teaching experience at the college level or industry training experience or a combination of teaching at the college level and industry trainer experience may be substituted, year for year, for recent welding field experience.)
- Welding certifications in all areas of instruction are required within the first year of hire as follows:
- SMAW E-7018, 3G and 4G unlimited plate
- GMAW E-70S6 (hardwire) 2G unlimited plate
- FCAW - Dual Shield E 70 T 1, 3G and 4G unlimited plate
- FCAW - Inner Shield E 71T8, 3G and 4 G unlimited plate
- GTAW 2 inch Pipe 6G position
- SMAW 6 inch Pipe 6G position
These qualifications and characteristics are critical to success in this important role at PCC. Please clarify in your application materials the experiences, successes and techniques evidencing how you bring these strengths:
- AAS Degree (or higher) in Welding Technology
- Recent experience in industrial welding fabrication (Hands-on Skill and Safety Demos may be included in the interview process)
- Experience teaching, or leading industry training in, Welding Technology; including ensuring that the intended learning is occurring for ALL students
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a strong team
- Current welding certifications, or the ability to obtain certifications within the first year of hire, in the following:
-----CWI: Certified Welding Inspector
-----CWE: Certified Welding Educator
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this position please provide the following:
1) Completed online application
Be sure to indicate clearly how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications in the employment history to ensure this experience is taken into consideration.
2) Cover Letter (*Attach)
In 1-2 pages, state specifically how you meet each of the qualifications for the position (minimum and preferred qualifications).
3) Current Resume/Vita (*Attach)
4) Unofficial Transcripts for each of your degrees (Includes current PCC employees) (*Attach)
Transcripts need to include the Title of the degree earned and the Date that the degree was conferred and the Name of the Institution.
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
Note to Applicants:
- All transcripts from institutions outside of the U.S. are required to include an evaluation by a U.S. credential evaluation agency (copy and paste the link http://www.pcc.edu/hr/employment/faculty-information.html into another browser window for specific instructions).
- Applicants Anticipating Degree Completion by September 1, 2018 must supply a letter from his/her university stating the degree title and that the degree will be granted by that date.
- Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
- As an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1173886
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Complete details: http://apptrkr.com/1173886