Post Date: 12/28/2017
Close Date: 01/12/2018
Job Title: After School Activities Leader
Location: East Gresham Elementary School
Dates: January-June 2018 on Mondays and Wednesdays for 6-10 hours a week
Reports To: Latina Volunteer Support Coordinator
Girl Scouts of Oregon and Southwest Washington serves more than 25,000 girl and adult members in Oregon and Clark and Skamania Counties in Washington. Our mission is to build girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place. Through activities in science and technology, business and economic literacy, and outdoor and environmental awareness, Girl Scouting provides girls with opportunities for fun and friendship while fostering the development of leadership skills and self-esteem.
Check out our benefits at www.girlscoutsosw.org/careers
Girl Scouts has valued and supported all girls since our inception in 1912. The foundation of diversity that Juliette Gordon Low established runs throughout Girl Scouting to this day. Our mission extends to all girls, and through our program they develop the necessary leadership skills to advance diversity and promote inclusion. We wish for all girls to see themselves reflected in the organization they are a part of, and seek to model the values of diversity and inclusion we hope to instill in them. In order to achieve these goals, we are committed to creating and fostering racial and ethnic diversity at every level of the organization.
The After-School Activities Leader works with the Program Manager and Community Support Coordinator, to deliver prepared Girl Scout activities to girls K-8 at an assigned site within Oregon public school districts ’ and other community organizations. This position also maintains communication between the program partner and the Girl Scout Council and supports adult and girl participation.
Help the girls discover who they want to become, how they belong, what they believe, and how they can influence their own outcomes and their community. In a group setting you will assist the girls in different activities that will support positive self-growth. You will help facilitate activities for the girls with Girl Scout staff, ensure proper health and safety standards are followed, adapt program materials, facilitate girl meetings, and serve as a positive role model for the girls.
Major Accountabilities/Job Duties:
• Delivers Girl Scout program for 10-20 girls K-8 and manages program supplies.
• Provides documentation of program attendance and weekly outcomes.
• Incorporates GSLE (Girl Scouts Leadership Experience) Girl Scout policies and standards. Establishes safety procedures appropriate to the site and consistent with Girl Scouts USA health and safety standards.
• Ongoing communication with Program staff regarding needs, challenges, developments on-site.
• Ensures all Girl Scout registration paperwork is completed and returned to the Girl Scout office by due date.
• 18 years old or older
• HS diploma and experience in planning and delivering programs to culturally and ethnically diverse population.
• Experience working with groups of children ages 5-14, able to plan, organize and supervise activities for groups of children.
• Open mindedness, willing to think outside the box and participate fully.
• Demonstrate skills in organization, communication, teamwork and problem solving.
• Willing to be guided and to work cooperatively with students and Girl Scout staff.
• Computer proficiency at the intermediate level, with proficiencies and ease in learning new programs desirable
• Access to reliable transportation in order to travel within assigned geographical areas..
• Become a member for Girl Scouts of the USA
• Willingness to accept the principles of the Girl Scouts movement as expressed in the Girl Scouts Promise and Law
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a part-time/temporary, non-exempt position offering an hourly rate of $14.00. This position is open until January 12th, 2018.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT e-mail your resume to us as we only accept applications and resumes through our website. Please use the link below to apply:
Girl Scouts of Oregon and Southwest Washington is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage, value and honor diversity.
Complete details: https://girlscoutsosw.applicantpool.com/jobs/200420-38809.html