Post Date: 02/26/2018
Close Date: 03/12/2018
The Oregon Health Authority is modernizing and expanding their Health Policy and Analytics division and currently has a fantastic opportunity for a Business Support Analyst to join an excellent team and work to advance their operations.
The Oregon Health Authority promotes health equity by developing policies and programs to eliminate health disparities and reach health equity for all Oregonians.
What you will do!
As a Business Support Analyst, you will provide analysis and support for programmatic and policy operations and improvements related to Health Policy and Analytics (HP&A) Contracts and Grants operations. You will serve internal and external partners in training, communications and other support areas as needed.
In this role, you will be the liaison between HP&A programs and OC&P. You will be responsible for shepherding the procurement process from start to finish. You will work with programs to identify appropriate procurement methods, timelines, and scopes of work while ensuring they are in compliance with OC&P, HP&A, and DAS policies and procedures.
In this position, you will work with managers to establish procedures for tracking and monitoring all HP&A contracting needs; design visual tools to demonstrate contracting processes to HP&A staff; and maintain regular contact with all HP&A programs, Shared Services, and outside vendors.
Additionally, you will identify, recommend, and implement operational activities to improve the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the HP&A Division. You will be required to develop and maintain ongoing communication links and contact with managers and other staff throughout OHA. You will coordinate teams to evaluate existing records and contract management processes, and recommend improvements to processes and lead staff for implementation.
What's in it for you?
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are interested in becoming a Business Support Analyst, don't delay, apply today!
A Bachelor's Degree in Business or Public Administration, Behavioral or Social Sciences, Finance, Political Science or any degree demonstrating the capacity for Business Analysis.
Any combination of experience or education equivalent to three years technical-level Business Analysis experience.
• Training and experience in state and OHA OC&P processes, policies, and procedures.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of OC&P procurement codes.
• Experience managing projects with a basic understanding of project management concepts.
• Ability to meet and negotiate between divisional priorities and competing deadlines.
• Working knowledge of the structure of the division and agency.
• Ability to determine key connection points between work groups, programs, offices, and divisions.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to work independently under multiple tight deadlines.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.