Post Date: 02/22/2018
Close Date: 03/13/2018
The Administrative Teacher provides daily care, education and recreation of children. The Administrative Teacher assists families through the registration process and explains policies and procedures when necessary. Duties may include answering phones, scheduling appointments, entering data, reviewing client files, labeling, and other various office duties. The Administrative Teacher is the Substitute On-site Director when the Program Coordinator is unavailable or on breaks and lunches. Position promotes a high level of morale for the center through effective communication with parents/guardians, volunteers, and other staff members.
Position Requirements Summary:
Combination of education and/or experience required:
• Bachelor’s degree in ECE, Child Development, Elementary Education, Special Education or a related field and one year of relevant experience OR
• Associates Degree in ECE or Child Development with one year of relevant experience OR
• Child Development Associates (CDA) Credential related to preschool age child care OR
• At least one year of successful, full time work experience in a certified child care center or comparable group child care program, in the care of preschool children.
• Customer service experience.
• Classroom management and/or supervision experience preferred.
• Experience with Procare Database System, Outlook, and similar programs.
• Bilingual and able to read, write, and speak Spanish proficiently preferred
• Good problem solving, time management and organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
• Good judgment.
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
• This position requires current enrollment in the Oregon State Employment Department, Child Care Division, and Criminal History Registry.
• Current first aid/CPR certification required.
Compensation: DOE. This is a full-time position with benefits. Benefits include: medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short long-term disability insurance, generous paid time off, 403(b) retirement contributions, flexible spending account, and other voluntary programs.
Throughout our over 100 years of providing services to the community, the name Volunteers of America Oregon has become synonymous with compassion and care. We've earned our reputation through dedication and tireless commitment to helping individuals and families create safer, healthier, and more stable lifestyles. For as long as we've been around, our programs have been changing lives. Some people say they can't imagine doing what we do. We say, "We can't imagine not doing it!"
Interested applicants must apply online at www.voaor.org/explore-careers
If you need assistance completing online application, please contact the HR department.
Volunteers of America Oregon is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Complete details: www.voaor.org/explore-careers