Post Date: 01/02/2018
Close Date: 01/19/2018
Are you a strategically minded individual that thrives in developing ways to mitigate exposure to risk and post-loss reduction techniques? Do you enjoy providing consultation and guidance related to property, cyber, and other liability exposures, excess liability insurance, property and casualty insurances? Do you like reading insurance policy and language requirements in contracts and procurement documents? What about driving the insurance procurement and certificate of insurance processes? If this sounds like your cup of tea, then the role of the Senior Risk Analyst might be your dream job. This position will oversee the Port's commercial general liability, property, cyber, workers' compensation, and casualty insurance procurement. While ensuring Port compliance with various insurance regulations.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead the Port's Insurance Programs including general liability, property, cyber, professional, environmental, marine, airport and various other liability insurance policies.
• Perform a variety of risk management administrative functions including collecting and reporting insurance underwriting data, administration of insurance policies and premiums.
• Develop and review the Property, Liability, and Workers' Compensation insurance policies, surety bonds and auto liability self-insurance programs
• Lead negotiations with brokers and insurers within delegated authority
• Responsible for insurance procurement by obtaining appropriate data for marketing and underwriting the Port's insurance portfolio
• Manage contract reviews for risk transfer opportunities and development of risk mitigation options
• Collaborate with project teams and key stakeholders, including Legal, Procurement & Contracts, Engineering, and Properties to develop risk mitigation solutions and insurance language for contracts.
• Work cooperatively with in-house contractor administrators updating and training to ensure consistency in insurance contract management.
• Partner with other Risk team members and various other Port stakeholders to develop and implement liability risk mitigation processes and procedures
• Serve as Risk Representative on special internal project teams. Represent the Port in various outside risk management organizations
• Develop reports, presentations and training material to demonstrate, communicate and promote the organization's risk management goals and strategies
• Assist Claims Manager in complex liability claims matters developing mitigation solutions and strategies
• Provide support in preparing documents regarding the total cost of risk and other risk-related information
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Insurance, Finance, Law or a related field. Masters degree preferred
• Five to eight years' experience in risk management and mitigation, insurance and/or insurance law; or the equivalent combination of education and/or relevant experience
• Associate in Risk Management (ARM), Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), or Certified Risk Management Professional (CRMP) preferred
• Knowledge of insurance products; insurance company practices; property and liability policy and procedure best practices
• Experience with risk management principles, techniques and their applications
• Knowledge of the impact of indemnity provisions on company exposures, contract law, relevant governing state and federal laws and regulations
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word and Excel, advanced skills in Excel preferred
For additional information and/or to apply: https://www2.portofportland.com/careers
Complete details: https://www2.portofportland.com/careers