Post Date: 02/01/2018
Close Date: 02/23/2018
It's not just about a job, it's about having a career where you can answer the call and truly make a difference! We are Oregon's largest fire district and committed to creating safer communities through prevention, preparedness and effective emergency response.
Join our team at Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue as a Fleet Technician!
The Fleet Technician performs preventative and corrective maintenance services and advanced level repairs to District's automobiles, light-duty vehicles, heavy-duty apparatus and general equipment. This position performs fabrication and compartment set up of District vehicles for prep for in service as Fire apparatus and emergency response.
The ideal candidate will have a high attention to detail and customer service; be action oriented and organized; and possess strong interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate will also be able to effectively communicate and interact with individuals and groups in a variety of capacities throughout the District; and have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• High school diploma or equivalent. Associate degree in automotive and/or diesel technology is preferred.
• Three (3) years experience as a general mechanic with demonstrated experience in all onboard systems. Five (5) years of experience is preferred.
• Ability to weld and fabricate using mild steel and aluminum materials.
• A thorough knowledge of preventative maintenance standards as outlined by NFPA publication 1911 is preferred.
Certifications & Licensures
• Current, valid Oregon class B commercial driver's license with air brake and tank endorsements and maintain a driving record insurable by the District's insurer. Incumbents will have six months to obtain this qualification. Class A license is preferred.
• EVT Level III certification is preferred.
• A basic welding certificate in mild steel or aluminum is preferred.
• Ability to perform those physical activities required for essential functions. Please see our posting on www.tvfr.com for the physical requirements for this position.
• The District does not provide tools to the Fleet Technicians but rather expects each Fleet Technician to provide a set of tools for use in the shop. A monthly tools stipend is provided. Please see our posting on www.tvfr.com for our recommended tool list .
Applications will be accepted through February 23, 2018. TVF&R is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to attract a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve in order to deliver safe, professional, high-performance service.