Post Date: 02/26/2018
Close Date: 03/15/2018
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt PC, a leading Pacific Northwest law firm with over 170 attorneys across seven offices, is seeking an Accounts Payable (A/P) Specialist. This position is in the Accounting Department in the Portland office.
Accounts Payable Specialist Job Responsibilities:
Full Cycle. Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices and expense reimbursements.
Accounts Payable Specialist Job Duties:
• Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
• Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments.
• Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports, approvals and requests for advances; preparing checks.
• Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
• Processes and reconciles the firm credit cards to cost centers and client matters.
• Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
• Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
• Protects organization from fraud by validating new vendors.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
• Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related jobs as needed.
Accounts Payable Specialist Skills and Qualifications:
Tracking Budget Expenses, Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Organization, Ability to Handle Volume, Analyzing Information, Accounting, Vendor Relationships, PC Proficiency, Data Entry Skills, General Math Skills, GL Knowledge, and Minimum of 5 years A/P experience.
Interested and qualified candidates should direct a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to the Accounting Manager at Recruiting@schwabe.com.
Complete details: https://www.schwabe.com/careers-professionals