Post Date: 12/12/2017
Close Date: 01/12/2018
Job Code: T-158
Job Summary: The teacher is responsible for development and implementation of the academic program, documentation of state and ORR assessment standards, report cards and supervision. The position provides supervision in the education setting and supports the program’s behavioral model. Position responsibilities include:
• Provide academic instruction consistent with the students’ academic development, literacy and linguistic ability. Course instruction includes varying levels of English, Math and Science including English language training.
• Develop and implement written weekly lesson plans, meeting individual student’s needs, provides applied learning activities that are active, student directed, project based and integrated.
• Regularly assess each student in the programs to determine individual educational competency levels.
• Manage classroom behavior utilizing proactive intervention strategies and positive highlighting program model.
• Review student’s educational transcripts including IEP and client goals and objectives on a regular basis.
• Develop professional relationships with community resources to acquire curriculum materials to enhance the learning experience for students.
• Participate or facilitate classroom team meetings, staff meetings, and committees as needed
Schedule: Full-time, regular position.
Education and Work Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree and license by the Teacher Standards and Practices commission for assignment as a teacher required
• Master’s degree and Teaching as a Second Language (ESL)/Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages certification (TESOL) required
• Bi-lingual in English and Spanish required
• Intermediate computer skills
• Some positions must meet agency driving requirements
• Must pass criminal background check and be 21 years or older.
Pay Range (OR licensed teacher): $23.24 - $23.79
Pay Range (Master’s plus ESL/TESOL): $21.19 - $21.69
• Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and reference the job code “T-158” in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter. Indicate that you’re applying for the Teacher position.
• Alternative: Fax your cover letter/resume to Morrison Child and Family Services following the directions above to 503-736-9759.
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: http://www.morrisonkids.org/job/teacher-downtown-shelterq/