Post Date: 01/22/2018
Close Date: 02/22/2018
Home Study and Post Release Services (HS/PRS)
Full Time, Full Benefits
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
The Case Manager position conducts home visits and phone contacts with the dual purpose of assessing safety and appropriateness of youth’s placement with the sponsor/family, and connecting them to services in the community to address risk factors. This position provides ongoing case management with a focus on screening and making appropriate referrals to address the youth’s needs in the following domains: placement issues, safety issues, education, health, mental health, legal/immigration proceedings, substance abuse, independent living, juvenile/criminal justice and child enrichment activities. The Case Manager is responsible for writing thorough assessment and recommendation reports within required timeframes. Regular travel by plane and car is required, as home visits are conducted throughout the Pacific NW, California, and other areas.
Education and Work Experience:
• A bachelor’s degree in social work, or an equivalent degree in education, psychology, sociology, or other behavioral science requirement.
• One year case management or other relevant work experience.
• Bi-lingual in Spanish and English, written read and verbal required.
• Computer skills using Microsoft Office, Outlook and databases.
• Personal transportation allowing for travel within the Portland metropolitan area in a timely manner is required. If driving a personal vehicle for work purposes must provide copy of valid driver’s license for state of residency, proof of personal auto liability coverage, and have a driving record meeting corporate driving requirements. If driving personal vehicle for work purposes more than once a week (4 times per month on average) must maintain personal auto liability coverage in the amount of $100,000/$100,000.
• Position requires extensive out of town travel, in a personal vehicle or by airplane.
• May require transporting of clients either in a personal or rental vehicle or by airplane.
• Bloodborne Pathogens training is required on first day of employment.
• Provides emergency first-aid, as needed, and maintains a current standard first-aid/CPR certification.
• Must pass criminal history check.
• Must pass language testing.
Case Manager $20.33-$20.81
• Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and reference job code "CM-160" in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter. Indicate that you're applying for the Case Manager position.
• Alternative: Fax your cover letter/resume to Morrison Child and Family Services following the directions above to 503-736-9759.
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
The position will remain open until enough qualified applicants have responded.
We Strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: http://www.morrisonkids.org/job/hsprs/