Post Date: 02/23/2018
Close Date: 06/30/2018
The Oregon Health Authority is modernizing and expanding their IT infrastructure and currently has a fantastic opportunity for a Test Environment Engineer to join an excellent team and lead their IE Legacy Project.
The Oregon Health Authority promotes health equity by developing policies and programs to eliminate health disparities and reach health equity for all Oregonians.
What you will do!
As a Test Environment Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting the infrastructure for multiple test environments for the IE Legacy Project. This will entail planning for and implementing changes to the capacity of environments to maintain the performance of the applications.
In this role, you will assist in establishing and maturing QA and testing best practices that support the effective implementation and maturation of the testing process within the OIS Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC). You also will utilize defect management and testing tools for DHS/OHA IT projects.
Additionally, you will assist in the creation and development of project test strategies and test plans by providing information about the test environment infrastructures. This will require knowing the infrastructures and setups of multiple test environments and how they will be utilized during the testing process.
What's in it for you?
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are a Test Environment Engineer, don't delay, apply today!
(a) Seven (7) years of information systems experience in Software Testing.
(b) An Associate's degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or related field; AND 5 years of information systems experience in Software Testing.
(c) A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND three (3) years of information systems experience in Software Testing.
(d) Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND one (1) year of information systems experience in Software Testing.
• Experience with creating, configuring and maintaining the infrastructure for Z/OS, AIX and Windows Server environments, including configuring LPARs, CICS regions, and interfaces through web services, FTP, and databases connections.
• Proficiency with monitoring tools (SolarWinds, WireShark, Whatsup Gold, etc) to ensure network connectivity, diagnose problems, and resolve issues in test environments.
• Experience in providing infrastructure expertise to support identification of test environment needs for the testing phase of the projects.
• Ability to perform and/or assist with Code and configuration deployments in test environments.
• Expert-level skills in quality assurance and the goals and characteristics of the various types of testing performed throughout the SDLC.
• Ability to perform and coordinate release engineering activities to automate the setup and configuration of test environments.
• Experience with automated deployments utilizing scripting or infrastructure as code processes.
• Ability to proactively suggest improvements related to the infrastructure of test environment.
• Experience with assuring test environments are congruent with production environments and conducting environment refresh activities on regular basis.
• Working knowledge of IT Service Management, Project Management, Requirements Verification, and Business Process Modeling.
• Experience with creating short-term plans to deliver environments to support application development.
• Ability to lead coordination and collaboration with project teams impacting team development and support efforts.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.